What does "the bad news is time flies,the good news it kills all its pupils" mean?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Time is the name of an airplane.

• 5 months ago

You know the word "meaning" has been taking alot of time for me because everyone, all of us, have our own interpretations. I'm thinking "how can we slow it down?" Lol, I often reflect on how as soon as we are born, we begin to die. Sooo, then the imagination, wooo who....everybody needs something to believe in....imagines...

• 5 months ago

Okay. Think of it like this.

The bad news is: Time flies or it goes by quickly.

The good news is: As time passes, people will eventually grow old and die.

So they are trying to say that Time kills people simply by passing.

So whoever wrote it had a twisted mentality if they think it's good for people to die.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sounds like a mixed metaphor. You can keep saying it till the cows are blue in the face but it won't mean anything.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Everyone dies eventually.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It means someone has mixed up two completely different sayings in a way that makes no sense. The sayings are "Time flies" and "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." In the social media era, if you read something that doesn't seem to make sense, the fault probably is the writer's, not yours.

• 5 months ago

Time goes fast and everybody dies

• 5 months ago

It is a pretty morbid way of saying life is short.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.