Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 5 months ago

Do you think I have iron deficiency?

Everytime I stand up my vision goes black and I have to stand still for about 10-15 seconds for my balance and vision to be restored.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

That's low blood pressure. Are you on any medications? Sometimes certain ones

can cause it.

• 5 months ago

Blood Panels/ get lab results

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

More likely low blood pressure

• 5 months ago

If this happens when you stand it could be hypotension which is blood pressure that is abnormally low. In some people, blood pressure drops when they rise from a horizontal position. In mild cases, it causes light-headedness.

Severe hypotension leads to inadequate blood circulation and shock. There are several conditions that cause this such being dehydrated, blood loss from a hemorrhage, a heart defect, or Addison's disease.

Another condition that causes the same symptoms, feeling dizzy and light-headed has nothing to do with blood pressure. That is an inner ear infection or an allergy that causes an ear infection.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • An iron deficiency makes you feel tired and lethargic all the time. It doesn't make you feel like that.

I'm anemic, which means I'm very deficient in iron. If I don't take iron supplements, I feel like I have no energy.

As said before it could be low blood pressure, but you would have to see your doctor and get a few blood tests done to be sure.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Go get your blood tested. Leave this to the pros , not YA amateur doctors

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No......................................

• patty
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

heard of a dr...…………………..

• 5 months ago

That sounds more like low blood pressure than an iron deficiency.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.