Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 5 months ago

Do you think I have iron deficiency?

Everytime I stand up my vision goes black and I have to stand still for about 10-15 seconds for my balance and vision to be restored.

That's low blood pressure. Are you on any medications? Sometimes certain ones

can cause it.

Blood Panels/ get lab results

• GEEGEE

More likely low blood pressure

If this happens when you stand it could be hypotension which is blood pressure that is abnormally low. In some people, blood pressure drops when they rise from a horizontal position. In mild cases, it causes light-headedness.

Severe hypotension leads to inadequate blood circulation and shock. There are several conditions that cause this such being dehydrated, blood loss from a hemorrhage, a heart defect, or Addison's disease.

Another condition that causes the same symptoms, feeling dizzy and light-headed has nothing to do with blood pressure. That is an inner ear infection or an allergy that causes an ear infection.

• An iron deficiency makes you feel tired and lethargic all the time. It doesn't make you feel like that.

I'm anemic, which means I'm very deficient in iron. If I don't take iron supplements, I feel like I have no energy.

As said before it could be low blood pressure, but you would have to see your doctor and get a few blood tests done to be sure.

Go get your blood tested. Leave this to the pros , not YA amateur doctors

No......................................

• patty

heard of a dr...…………………..

That sounds more like low blood pressure than an iron deficiency.