whats the best brand of computer u have used?

Personally, having used every other brand and they couldn't put up with me (I am hard on my equipment - by that I mean, I take really good care of it, but use it almost constantly, lol), Lenovo (specifically Thinkpads) have been the only ones that can handle me.

for many years I have used Dell and HP both desktop computers and I slightly found that DELL leads a bit ahead of HP and offers the best performance. in the case of HP, HP is leading in the laptop market while DELL has some sensational specs and performance in their computers.

• CD

Home modified has been my best computers. Otherwise, HP. gets it done

The ones I custom built.

• Dick

"Best" .... Has nothing to do with the brand name!!! It's all about the technical specs of the computer and how well the internal components perform. The only major difference in the various brands, whether laptop or desktop, is the case they come in. All manufacturers purchase their internal components from the same manufacturers as the home builder and/or repairman does. So the argument of whether it's Dell, HP, Mac, etc. will go on forever simply because the majority of the people who argue about it don't really know much about, or understand, the components that make up a computer. You can certainly buy a "very good" computer from retailers but generally speaking, you need to understand the hardware to make an informed decision.

Source(s): 33 Years Computer Experience & IT Support

Sun Sparcstation

• Eddi

When you say "best" you need to define what "best" means. Does best mean computing value for the money? Reliability? If you are talking about being an simple user of laptops or desktops that can run sophisticated programs and are not simply glorified tablets with keyboards in closed computing environments, and your not a business, your world is basically broken up into two options: Mac and everything else (meaning Windows / open source Windows alternative operating systems). Macs give you a bonus of generally being very well built, and much more secure than Windows devices since only around 5% of the world's installed base are Mac devices. Mac tends to be a bit pricey, but looks sleek, is easier to maintain than Windows 10 computers (as many people will attest to due to constant upgrades) and is preferred by many artists, multimedia developers, and higher end users. Windows tends to be more interoperoperable with businesses and organizations, and is available at a lower price point. Some of the highest rated Windows computers according to consumer satisfaction right now are the LG desktops. I have had great luck with HP's, but they tend to be loaded with bloatware (programs) that you do not need and will slow your machine down. Most laptops and desktops use interchangeable parts made in China and newly emerging manufacturing areas. It all depends on what you want to do, what operating system you want, what you can afford, and what your local market can best service after the fact.

Clevo, without a doubt. Otherwise a couple of my custom builds.

They're like the BMW of laptops while an Apple is lucky to be a Honda and Lenovo is like a Kia.

Otherwise, pretty much every company subcontracts out the production of their hardware. Dell, HP, Acer buys their parts from Random OEM suppliers. Apple uses Foxxcon for many of their parts.

Typically the cheap PC's and laptops that you see in the sub $500 category are made with the cheapest parts possible. Another factor is companies like Lenovo provide very poor Firmware and Driver support for their lower end PC's so it pays to do research on what you're buying and research the company.

• keerok

Dell

.

Built my own desktops. They've lasted for years ... until hardware is obsolete and I need to upgrade so fatter programs will run well. Hint: quality parts from at least second rank makers. Unknown brand parts carry risks I'd like to not have