Is 400 Threads-per-inch fabric SOFT enough?

I am shopping (Amazon.com) for a cover for my foam wedge I use on my bed.

I cannot sleep / wear any fabric made of polyester material. Comparing Cotton Wedge-shaped pillow covers, should a 400 thread-count (number of threads per inch) provide a Cooling-feel to my head when I sleep on it / even-though the 7 inch thick wedge is made of polyester foam material?

Look at bamboo sheets, there is also a company that manufactures bedding guaranteed to be cool, I can’t recall the name, sorry, but try searching.

i would hope so

The poly wedge may get warm no matter what you cover it with. Its just a piece of cloth, the poly emits heat.

Maybe if you can get a cotton inside cover for the wedge, then an outside cotton cover it could work. Thread count can indicate softness, but the quality of the cotton is usually more important. Higher quality cotton thread gives more softness. Might be better to go other to Bed Bath and Beyond and feel the covers.

Oh a foam wedge. I don't know where to help you after that. I wouldn't sleep on a foam mattress.

Rub your fingers over it and see which one rips more.