Would you keep an account in a bank where the manager was arrested for embezzlement?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Your money is FDIC protected up to $100,000 so if you don't have that much in it, why not? If you have more than that, I doubt he cleaned out everything. It would be limited to one branch. You shouldn't punish the bank because the employee turned bad. You can bet that they DID run a complete background checkon him prior to hiring.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

FDIC went to $250,000 years ago
      You been sleeping?

• 5 months ago

From one side, it would set me on alert that the employee of the bank can commit theft and embezzlement. From the other side, the fact that his fraud scheme has been discovered shows that bank security service does its work.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Convicted means more than arrested. But he would be fired for either and my money Is federally insured so it would not matter much.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There is no right or wrong answer here. This is a personal preference.. Some will say have to think on if i was in a situation like that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sure, why not? If he was arrested for embezzlement, it means he's not there anymore.

• 5 months ago

Actually, do to increased oversight, that would probably be the SAFEST bank for several years.

• 5 months ago

Why not? Your "money" is just digits in a computer, and that amount is guaranteed by the FDIC.

• J.S.
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Yes, of course. It is only an embezzlement by one employee.

• 5 months ago

i dont think i would

• Frank
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Sure. The account holders are typically "kept whole" in these cases. The manager, if one existed and was caught embezzling, is NOT something the BANKS like to PROSECUTE for...because of the BAD publicity. It tends to lead to BETTER security practices.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.