I what are my optiona to complain on a Judge?

Dealing with a bad custody case in a state I nor my daughter lives. Judge had me running to DC from VA on status hearings since 2/14/19. He set another status hearing and me he saw a review I did online about him. I think hs is bias. He refused my motion to recuse himself. I asked for a guardian at litem in March he has refused to appoint one. What can I do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Let us guess you are a fool without an Atty, right?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The lawyer you're paying (unless you're an idiot) should be able to advise you on this.

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Consider yourself fortunate that the judge didn't have you running between LA and VA. Even though a judge is supposed to be impartial, it is never a good idea to annoy him.

• 5 months ago

Don't do it. You might get a new judge assigned but they will then bend you ever the witness box and stick it to you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Stick to the law and material facts and appellate cases. Prove your case with admissible evidence, then hold the judge accountable with appellate case history; that is his authority, not you whining.

• 5 months ago

It is not a good idea to give a judge a bad review before the case is settled. It does not help your case.

• 5 months ago

You complain about "running" to DC from VA. They are adjacent. No info given about who moved where when. There is a law about the proper jurisdiction called the UCCJEA. You address none of it. The case started in February. So what? It's recent. No GAL appointed. But appointing a GAL is the judge's discretion. I hear much whining and no legal argument whatsoever. What you can do is learn family law or hire an appropriate attorney. The facts which you don't state, matter. You may or may not have a good case, but your approach, trying to publicly shame and / or pick a fight with the judge, as you've discovered, won't work. Present the law and the facts.

• 5 months ago

If your daughter doesn't live in DC, then the jurisdiction is wrong.

• `
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not a smart decision to post a review before your case is settled. Remove the review and hire an attorney who can review your case and advise you of your options.

• 5 months ago

You can do what you SHOULD have done in JANUARY and hire an attorney. The FIRST thing they will tell you is the judge isn't the one being unreasonable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.