Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 6 months ago

I’ve went to doctors won’t prescribe me anything for 5 week sinus infection?

I’ve had a sinus infection on and off for FIVE WEEKS now. It will get better for about 2 days then it’ll start it’s course all over again and I’ll start feeling REALLY SICK then slightly better for 2 days then REALLY SICK for 3 days. I’ve had numerous fevers as well and I’ve used almost all of my sick time from work. I go back to my doctor and all he keeps saying is it’s a virus. Then he claimed the day I went back to work I likely picked up a 2nd virus.

I went to a 2nd doctor who claimed I had supposedly picked up a 3rd virus. Yesterday, I had a fever again. He too refuses to prescribe me an antibiotic. Yesterday he did prescribe me 40mg of prednisone. I have a heart condition and the prednisone caused my heart rate to go up to 160 bpm resting heart rate. I called his office and He told me it was fine and to deal with it for the next 5 day’s so the prednisone can work. I’m not an anxious person but I’ve had the absolute WORST anxiety of my LIFE since starting prednisone. I was shaking last night. I’m also so irritable I could go in and punch the dr. Any advice? I’m so sick of being sick. It’s been 5 weeks!!

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Viruses do not heal with antibiotics. There are ways of flushing out your nose with saline if you look online.

You could try an antihistamine, it helps my nose at this time of year.

Use Colloidal Silver ( silver hydrosol, ionic silver ) 10ppm to 20ppm. I am antibiotic resistant and had acquired a horrible sinus infection that was so bad that when I would blow my nose it come out my eyes as well due to the infection and a deviated septum. I had been on different antibiotics for 7 months that did nothing but possibly kept it from spreading and cause a list of others issues from side affect. I had been to several doctors including ear, nose, and throat specialist that were unable to cure my infection. They did confirm that I was antibiotic resistant though. I was desperate to find a cure and read an artical on silver. I went on line and bought a bottle. I then began aerating my nose As an extra precaution I took 2 tablespoon orally 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Within 3 days I had no sign no infection but continued the routine for 2 more days to be safe. I'm not a medical professional of any kind but I am living proof that it works.

• k w

[ notmilk dot com ] read it......

Antibiotics won't help with a virus. You'll get better in time.

Try an urgent care doctor.

I once resorted to ordering antibiotics intended for aquarium fish from Chewy.com. It's not advised to do that, but they actually worked well for me.

• Kaz

Have you been to an ENT (Ears, nose, throat) doctor? If this persists, you should go see one, hopefully they can figure out the best course of action to clear up your infection.

The only other thing I think you might try... Is one of those sinus irrigator's. It flushes your sinuses with water to remove mucus and cleanses any irritants out. Hope you feel better soon.

Antibiotics don't work on viruses, that is why your doctor won't prescribe them because it would be a waste of time to do so.

If you are that concerned ask for a second opinion.