Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 5 months ago

Do you believe in the afterlife?

Favorite Answer

As of the moment, there is no concrete evidence about the existence of afterlife. I believe that there is a huge possibility that it is true. In this world/universe, many things could be possible, even afterlife.

I want to believe

• Raja

No one lives in any form after death and there is no reincarnation. There are spirits but they are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives in any form after death. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

There is no hell or heaven for human beings. They are only for spirits. I guess that the heaven is just the sky and hell is the prison for spirits. Good spirits are free to go anywhere in the sky but bad spirits are put in prison for certain years. I guess that certain evil spirits are destroyed completely. Their lifetime is limited. If what they (spirits) have said is true then they live approximately for 500 years. This is close to the Indian Hindu's belief that a human being has seven births. That means Hindus believe in reincarnation but I don't. Spirits are separate elements. There is always a common fate which is always applicable to all creatures including human beings. That is, we are like other creatures except that we have an additional sense (sixth sense). This sense had changed only the living conditions of the human beings but not the fate. The fate is almost same to all creatures including human beings.

REINCARNATION

To form a reincarnation all spirits which lived with a body must possess another person together. Then only he/she can feel the same person who died. But this is not happening because the spirits never stay together to haunt or possess another. They go searching new bodies. Rarely there might have been certain cases but I think they have changed after some time. I mean, they didn't able to remember anything after certain age. Spirits during their life time live with many bodies (one after another). Their memories sometimes affects the person. This is natural. This is not enough to believe that there is rebirth. No one returns after death. A human's life ends with his/her own body.

• Jago5 months agoReport

Dont listen to this nonsense

• .

No. There is no evidence whatsoever of an afterlife.

I neither believe nor disbelieve. I simply do not know nor does anyone else know for certain.

Asking if there is an afterlife or why someone does or doesn't believe in an afterlife could be philosophical questions but simply asking whether we believe or not isn't philosophical- it's merely an opinion poll. Question moved accordingly to Polls and Surveys where it belongs.

• The only afterlife that exists is the memories of those who knew me, and any legacy of art or science I contributed to.

• Nicole

yes i do ...........

• j153e

A philosophic approach to the question of "after physical life, consciousness continues?":

If one has awareness post-passing, then...there is life after the death process. This awareness ~ = ontological certitude a la Descartes: "I am, therefore I know I am." That possibility ought inspire the philosopher to develop her Cartesian prowess.

If one has no awareness/no being post-passing, then...it's "lights out, nurse." In this "no God, no immortal Soul" scenario, there is also then of course no knowing.

Thus, a bifurcate choice: either there is (eventually, in many cases, after a period of increasingly clarifying "dream"-like "de-sedimentation," as the German philosopher Christoph Turcke/Tuercke terms the clarification process, albeit in a mostly-this-world consideration) lucidity, then the increasing ability to maneuver by conscious intent, akin to soul travel or out-of-body travel for the embodied, and increasing ability to blaze through phantoms of erring e-veiling, both of the dearly departed, and of nefarious forces that seek to amplify the "sedimentation" or untransmuted energy records, unto the Second Heaven and Schools of Light, where Saints and Angels are thus able to minister, guide, instruct, and heal the soul with that sufficient strength to rise to that "transfiguration and resurrection," or there is the "void," aka Nietzsche's "eternal return" as the atom-cards are shuffled in many a universe's creation.

Further in the philosophic genre, there is a Pascal's win-win wager which logically obtains: insofar as meditation, prayer, and such energy-enhancing processes bring social worth to the individual and society, a win (e.g., 10 Commandments as a reasonable guide for conduct 😇); the clarification of awareness also assists in bringing better, brighter dreams, better lucidity (function of integration of conscious and waking subconscious), and even increased dream-time ability to solve problems (this of course may be in part a function of asking Angels and Saints to assist), and even experience bilocation or other siddhis 😊 .

Related:

Imagine Heaven by John Burke;

The Masters and Their Retreats;

Testimony of Light;

The Great Divorce;

Watch Your Dreams;

The Master of Lucid Dreams;

Answers by Mother Meera.

Absolutely. Unfathomable that justice will go undone. Jesus Christ will judge the living and the dead. He alone offers eternal life. A good afterlife.

There is a lot of evidence that supports reincarnation, i believe some people do in fact get reincarnated, but not all