My phone memory is full so i got a 64 gb sd card my memory is still full. Why? What did i do wrong? Its a samsung android.?

Favorite Answer

What you did was, you bought STORAGE, not usable phone memory. Storage Only. Here are your options.

You can move pictures, video and music to the SD card or your computer. Once you have the files to be confirmed moved or copied, you can then delete them from the phone.

If this were my phone, I'd create a folder on my computers desktop, and drag and drop the pictures, music and video files from the phone to the folder on my computer.

Then before I took any more pictures/videos, I would set up Google Drive so that it backs up all media files on my phone when connected to WiFi.

Then I would setup the Samsung backup on my computer, to once a week/month, backup EVERYTHING on my phone (just like you should be doing now). This should keep most things backed up, so that you lose very little should your phone suddenly get lost, die or become destroyed

• Move the storage to sd card

• SRΛSC

You mean storage, not memory.

If you didn't transfer anything onto the loaded SD card then of course your low storage issue isn't yet solved.

You'd have to do that 1st & also take the time to move future things onto it like where new pictures would be stored to prevent it from happening (at least prolong it)

If it's apps filling up your storage go to setting, apps, then sometimes there is an option to move it to SD. You have to manually move your pics and videos to the SD as well, I find this easiest by plugging a USB from my phone to my computer and transferring them by opening a new window into each file.

Uh yes, Samsung uses Android, who knew?

You bought extra storage, not extra memory, smart one.

do you have boatloads of photos on your phone? If so, print them out or down load them to a computer or onto an SD card or something. My daughter is having this same issue.

Lots of games on your phone can also be space hogs.

You're going to have to take all of your pictures and all of your videos that is on the phone itself and move it to the SD card it doesn't automatically move itself.

If it's full of apps, you need a phone with more storage. If it's photos, mp3s etc then you need to move them to the card manually

• BlkBear

Use your file manager, if you don't have one, download one. Then highlight the files where they are, the copy/move them where want them to end up. In this case, phone internal memory, to SD Card, external STORAGE.

• Henry

It needs to be connected to a 5 TB hard drive.

Delete as many apps, photos, movies, music files, etc. as possible.

• Crystal5 months agoReport

Thats not my question. What im saying is it was full so i bought more memory and it didn't change anything.