Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBoats & Boating · 5 months ago

Where can I buy an RNLI house flag?

I'm a flag collector, but I can never find a decent sized RNLI flag. I am looking for one that is approximately 3ft bt 2ft.

There was a website online that used to manufacture them, but the last time I contacted them about it, they said they would not manufacture them without the RNLI's permission. They basically refused my custom.

But, why would they have made them in the past and why would they suddenly not have their permission anymore?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Apart from the fact you can't buy one of that size as RNLI does not allow it's flags to go in to private hands because they could be used to deceive people in to parting with money in a con.

How on earth do you display a collection of flags?

This dubious question has been asked far too many times in the past.

YOU ARE NOT A FLAG COLLECTOR !

SO DO NOT LIE ABOUT IT!

it sounds like it come from a charity con artist.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's copyrighted, so you can't.

• 5 months ago

you could try arnazon, they sell everything that exists

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

RNLI is a charity, so obviously they wouldn't want just anyone walking around flying their logo.

Although, I remember years ago, they did sell "hand waving" flags to the public, but I don't believe their shop has them on sale anymore.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

The logo is almost certainly copyrighted and that may be why they need the RNLI's permission.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.