Can a subjective information become objective information?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

No. We can realize that a subjective account comports withy with what can be objectively measured, but subjective never becomes objective. that's like saying we think our reality into existence.

• Dejair
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

The mystery remains mystery but the secrets may to be dressed with symbols before pronunciation. Intense love, profound peace, infinite gladness !

• The absolute is beyond existence. And all that exists is chaos. Orders rise and fall. Nothing is absolute.

Everything which we think we know is applicable only to the world we find ourselves but that world is incomplete.

What we have is only that which serves its function. We never have knowledge. It is a meaningless idea in this reality.

We have motivation to believe in a state of affairs in the world. Some things are more constant than others.

The world is a wacky and weird place which is evidence of chaos. This is the ‘subjectivity’ (as in subject to clauses A, B, and C) of reality. The idea that even scientific results are conditional on the world in which they are found.

The subjectivity of cognition, how we could know anything: we exist in a virtual reality created by our brains and minds. Everything which we find in that world is a construct. It’s value is in its ability to serve its function.

Objectivity is a notion we create. With our minds. In reaction to feelings.

• 5 months ago

As I define it, something that is subjective exists within the mind, and something that is objective exists outside of the mind.

I'm wondering what could be described as "subjective information". I think of information as the signals that a brain receives via the sensory receptors and nerves.

Some people might think of a book as being filled with information, but who is it informing, and what information is it providing if it is sitting, closed, on a shelf? A book is an object that exists outside of the mind. If it is read, it doesn't become anything different; it remains a book. I don't think the word, "become" is the best word to use in this kind of question; the words, "stimulate" or "lead to" seem better. A book can become flames, vapors, and ashes if it's burned; it can, perhaps, become cardboard or newspaper if it's recycled, but it can't become a nerve impulse. Light, reflected off a page and into an eye, strikes sensory receptors and stimulates a nerve impulse. A brain interprets that impulse and forms a concept based on that information.

I think all information is objective. I don't think the phrase, "subjective information" makes sense. What one thinks about, as a result of the objective information received, is subjective.

One's thoughts are often the basis for the actions that one chooses and performs (consciously or subconsciously), a frown, for example. Light waves might reflect off of a frown and into an eye, thereby stimulating nerve impulses and subjective interpretations within the mind of the person that is viewing the frown. In a chain of events such as this, I wouldn't say that subjective information became objective information; I'd say that subjective concepts (displeasure in the mind of the frowner) inspired physical acts (the frown), the sensing of which (by sensory cells) stimulated objective information (signals from the optic nerve).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes it can, that's how we make scientific advances. Theoreticians propose a set of circumstances and an explanation. If this is confirmed by objective observations and measurement then it becomes an objective proposition as the best explanation at that time

• 1.Some subjective information can become Objective Information

2.Some subjective information cannot become Objective information.

Let's concern ourselves with 1, the positive. When the number of people who observe something, an event, a scientific experiment, increases to a certain amount, subjective data pertaining to that event, becomes objective reality. Simple as that. It can even be consolidated into a mathematical formula. But personally, I am not looking for a Noble....there.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

In-forming = giving a form.

Subjective ~ = giving one's opinion (Plato, Eikasia, Pistis);

Objective ~ = a consideration of something placed before one.

At such basic levels, Eikasia and Pistis ---> Dianoia, or the awareness of maths as form.

So, yes, this is Plato's insight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy_of_the_divid...

• peter m
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

their choice of actually believing even the LOGIC behind both WHAT they are BEING taught & HOW they are being that this corresponds to truth (& this more than the falsity encountered within their studies..).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Before we answer please post something else in an update to prove this isn't a new TROLL-BOT-SPAM account you just created today

• 5 months ago

anything is possible

• 5 months ago

Sometimes, I wonder if there is such a thing as objective information....

The thing is, we always make assumptions. These filter any information we collect. Because the assumptions are subjective (they can change from person to person at the very least), everything becomes personal.

The closest we get to objective information is when we agree on something. Even then, the agreement might be wrong, but it's the best we have to work with.

It's the Dancing Wu Li Masters in action!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.