Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 5 months ago

If I keep over draft at my bank, can they close my account?

At my old bank I owed money and for the longest time I didn’t pay it back so it went into collections. I finally paid it but it looks like the overdraft option is disabled. If I keep over drafting with this new bank, will they close my account or prevent me from doing it

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Ask the bank manager.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

yES. and they mark your chexsystems negative so you cannot open another bank account for 7 years.

• 5 months ago

Yes, they will and they will also you to collections and prevent you from opening a bank account anywhere.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes they will....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not only can they close your account but, at some point, you will find that there won't be a bank anywhere which will take you on as a customer - I'm actually surprised your current bank accepted you. I knew a woman who misused her account (which is what you are doing) and she was never able to get a bank which would allow her to open an account with them. Several times a month she had to schlep to a bank to buy money orders with which to pay her bills.

• 5 months ago

Yes, they can do that, and a lot of other things as well, some of them worse. Don't try it.

• 5 months ago

Eventually they might. Don’t leave an overdraft it’s not very good for credit and can affect mortgages etc

• Eva
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

They will not honor anything that causes an overdraft. They will not give you overdraft protection since you abused it before. If by some slim chance they allow the overdraft to go through, you will need to cover it immediately or they can close your account.

• ted
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Yes, your new bank has the right to close your account if you continually overdraft your account.

• 5 months ago

you need to ask your bank this question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.