Pregnancy scare ?

My girl and I are both virgins and don’t intend on losing it anytime soon. We both got drunk recently and got a little jiggy with it. I guess you can say we were having dry sex naked. She’s currently ovulating and I never ejaculated on or anywhere near her vagina however my penis did my make contact with her vagina from the outside when the penis was wet or you can call this pre ejaculation I guess. We’re both freaking out that this will be a pregnancy scare for us

Maybe your girlfriend is not pregnant or just have a test

• Edna

It's almost impossible to get pregnant from pre-ejaculation fluid (or "precum") - no matter what kind of horror stories you hear about it. It's nothing more than a male's natural lubrication fluid that he always secretes from the tip of his penis when he's sexually aroused. Over 97% of the time, it doesn't contain sperm cells.

To put it in a different perspective: Do you have any idea of how many millions of us grown, experienced women have messed around with a male penis or rubbed our vulva against a male's penis when he is secreting that lubrication (as a usual part of foreplay and "making out")? Too many of us to even count - but we didn't get pregnant.

If you don't put your naked penis inside her vagina and ejaculate semen inside her, then you don't have much to worry about.

Virgins never have babies (with one notable exception about 2,000 years ago). Either she isn't a virgin, or she isn't pregnant.

if you didn't penetrate her than the chances are so small - near none existent. You would have to put it inside her completely for her to fall pregnant - it takes a lot for the sperm to travel inside her to reach the egg.

You guys will be okay so don't freak out! Both of you had your clothes on so there is a 99.999% chance she is not pregnant. Usually to get pregnant the semen needs to be directly in the vagina. Semen has a really hard time getting through one layer of clothes not to mention 2+ layers. Nevertheless, you should always be careful and always have a condom with you.

The penis is just a tube through which semen travels. The penis does not make women pregnant. Sperm cells do. If there was semen or precum, yes, pregnancy is possible — even if the penis was just rubbing on her leg. Ejaculate has a way of getting to places it's not wanted.

Always, always, always wear a condom unless pregnancy is the goal. And since people don't use condoms correctly 14 percent of the time, make sure there's a secondary method of birth control at work, such as pills, depo vera, etc.

• Caz

You didn't have sex, she isn't pregnant.

Oh, dear. I do wish we had better sex ed in this country. Sperm do not have super powers. That's why they need a good hard push up the vagina. So relax. And get some condoms or get her on the pill. And stop drinking.