Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 5 months ago

Is there a parrot that won't bite your fingers off?

I want to get a parrot but I'm worried that it would bite my fingers off..

Not really, You could always get a different bird that is active and is comfortable with humans when they touch them (Budgies,Consure etc) just do more research about different birds

No idea but if this was about piranhas then the answer would be no

yes my wife and ur mom

Parrots bite because it's their nature. Their tiny little bird brains don't always remember you're not attacking them every time you pick them up. They will imprint on one person and some can become quite cuddly and still bite people it doesn't recognize or they know they can intimidate.

Our African Grey still does a bit of damage. She's more comfortable with my sister but finally tolerates me picking her up with minimal biting

• Anna E

There are smaller parrots (conures for example). They can deliver a painful bite but won't do severe damage or break fingers like some of the Cockatoos, McCaws, and Amazons will. These smaller birds don't talk, but they are very smart and can be taught tricks.

They can cut off fingers

It's just a plain fact parrots and their relatives bite! And there isn't one that won't try to bite.

There is even a bird called a mynah bird that has a weak heart by nature and if it bites you it is said that they drop dead when they see the blood. These things cost hundreds of dollars and I don't want to put that to the test

You want a parrot not a pterodactyl.

• Mark

Birds don't have teeth. They would more or less "snip" your fingers off. By the way, I've held many parrots and none of them has tried to injure me. Perhaps they just don't like YOU.

Smaller breeds do less damage.

Females tend to bite harder than males.

Temperament of individual bird and the way it has been trained is important factor.