Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

How do I explain to my dad that I don’t love or want to deal with his new wife?

Favorite Answer

You don't. There is no need to share that information.

There is no requirement that you like her. But if you have to be around her, you need to be polite even if you feel like plucking her eyeball out with a fork.

Life is full of people we don't like whether it's in-laws, siblings, step-parents, teachers, bosses, neighbors, bf/gf of your best friend, etc. You're going to have a hard time in life if you can't/won't behave even when you don't like someone.

You don't. Be cool and let your Father deal with his new wife while you think about your future and how will you achieve those goals. You have to live your best life regardless of what life bring to you.

Don't be selfish. You want to do what you want with your life, right? Why is he different? I married a man and put up with his nasty daughter for years. She tried everything to make us miserable and so did his ex. Not fair. When I took care of him until he passed She was here a bit but couldnt "take it". Good thing I could. :(

very common, nothing to explain

Sorry babe but you are stuck with the step-mom. She is about your dad's happiness, not yours. So be nice for your dad's sake.

Just be decent toward her. You don't have to like her. You can let your Dad know that you'd appreciate him making any decisions when it comes to you by himself, though. After all, he IS your dad and you're his responsibility, not hers.

yep keep it to your self

life is full of this stuff and the sooner you learn to deal with it the better

"Dad, I don't love or want to have to deal with your new wife any longer. Therefore, I will not be spending any time at your house ever."

And then, if you live with him, move out.

Move out. Go and live with mum

• Fuhr

Just do what my Uncle Larry does and drop a deuce on the table during thanksgiving. We don't often invite Uncle Larry over for meals, anymore...