Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 5 months ago

Is getting a mammogram really difficult if your breasts are ticklish?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Being ticklish you can willingly block it out mentally block it out. So turn off the tickle. If she knew it was coming. E.g. she had an established doctor appointment. She waiting a long time in a waiting room so she shwould be ready for the doctor and she knows what the appointment is for. If the doctor isn't careful she might sue for malpractice.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I never met a girl with ticklish breasts. That seems like it would be bad news for her.

• 5 months ago

Having a Mammogram is NOT ticklish at all............they use a machine that flattens the boob like a pancake.

You just hold your breath, do not move and wait for the clamp to unclamp and the pain to go away.

• GB
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I was advised to take paracetemol before the exam. I am glad I did, because it is quite painful. Certainly not ticklish.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Trust me--mammograms don't cause the breasts to be tickled. The machine you'll place your breast in will compress it and it will be locked in place in order for the pictures to be taken. It can be tolerated, but you won't be thinking about being ticklish.

• 5 months ago

No.

Mammograms do not tickle.

• 5 months ago

Tickling is the last thing to worry about. They just crush those suckers

then take the picture.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

no one touches your breasts, you have 2 lumps of metal squashing them,

Believe me it's far from ticklish.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. Having a mammogram is sort of like being inside a trash compactor, with a flat plate that pushes on your chest.

How come *I* know this and I'm a man, yet you don't? There is a new model, not much yet used, in which the plate is vaguely breast-shaped and is considerably more comfortable than being squished.

• 5 months ago

No, the plates put pressure on the sides or top/bottom, it's nothing to do with being ticklish, it's a steady pressure.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.