Have you traveled to another country by yourself?

I’ve been thinking about going to another country soon, somewhere like Sri Lanka or Indonesia. None of my friends are able to go with me so I’ve been considering just going by myself. I was wondering who else has done this and if you think there is any benefit in traveling alone as apposed to in a group. I not the most outgoing person, but I think that it would be kind of interesting to be on the other side of the world by myself, and might inspire me to kind of break out of my shell a little bit. I’m interested to hear from anyone with solo travel experience.

• Nāga

Many times; Israel, Egypt, Thailand, USA, Norway and Morocco to name a few.

yes and i ran back home.

Yes, I have, and it's been great. I have no problem eating in restaurants by myself, and I've booked tours with groups and met some lovely people.

Yes, many times and it always worked out well. When you travel alone you get to see and do the things that most interest you and spend as much or as little time as you need at each. You also have the flexibility to change plans on the fly if you run across something interesting.

Yes, I have, but I wouldn't go to either of those places as a woman alone.