Is it wrong I am losing my faith in humanity?

Little by little, I find myself losing my faith in humankind to the point I start doubting there is any truly good person out there. Almost everywhere I go, there are people who are so rude and inconsiderate to their fellow beings, it's as if they forget others have feelings and couldn't give a damn if they... show more Little by little, I find myself losing my faith in humankind to the point I start doubting there is any truly good person out there. Almost everywhere I go, there are people who are so rude and inconsiderate to their fellow beings, it's as if they forget others have feelings and couldn't give a damn if they find their remarks hurtful or not because it has to be all about them with very little regard for the other person concerned. I've noticed this particularly in customer service; the way customers treat employees is just so awful and it doesn't help that employees are expected to just tolerate it and not stand up for themselves when they clearly do not deserve the treatment they get. I really don't understand what is so hard about leaving one's personal frustrations at the door and composing themselves before addressing a colleague. What is so hard about having self-control and being a decent person, no matter how much of a bad day they might have had? Why make someone else miserable just because they are miserable themselves? Of course, there are many other, grander reasons why I ponder over why we have become a failed species but this one is a common occurrence in my personal experience. I just want to be able to get on with my life and live it fully without constantly brooding over why we are born into the world, just to be screwed over by others, and treated with a lack of respect. I mean life's too short to be spending it in a state of existential angst.
41 answers 41