Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 5 months ago

What’s the ball bouncing back up called?

Like what do you call the height that it bounces back up?

I used to be calling it the reverb height, but reverb isn’t the right word?

12 Answers

  • Joe
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

    Try "rebound".

    If you want to get fancy, "apogee". :-)

  • 5 months ago

    I believe the ball is "rebounding" of the floor. Rebound is the word.

  • 5 months ago

    The principle works under the alternate "ELASTICITY", AND is a more general analysis (math analysis)

  • Vaman
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    Ricochet. This is an alternate word.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

    Don't get too hung up on words. Just make sure that the terms are unambiguous.

    "The height the ball reaches after the first bounce" is absolutely unambiguous.

    "The rebound height after the first bounce" is also unambiguous.

    "The rebound" is NOT unambiguous. It does not state that it was after only one bounce and it does not make it clear that it is HEIGHT that is important. It might be referring to velocity, energy, momentum or something else.

  • 5 months ago

    rebound height?

  • 5 months ago

    I think you're thinking of the word "rebound"

  • Henry
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

    It doesn't have a name. they haven't let them call it the backbounce, bounceup, nor the bounceback yet.

  • 5 months ago

    Bounce height............

  • re-BOUND?? (15 Characters)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.