Should I go to ER for clogged artery?

My arteries have been clogged up for about 4 weeks, my symptoms have been on and off: Light headedness, pain and sometimes numbness on the right side of my body, spine and back sometimes hurt, eyes feel just slightly blurry sometimes it is hard for them to focus completely like they did before, pressure throbbing headache, sometimes it is harder to think when I am experiencing these symptoms but my memory is still good. I have a hard time focusing and my sight feels narrow and small if that makes sense. Are these symptoms of a clogged artery? And should I go to the emergency room or will it cease sometime? Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read my post!

Favorite Answer

You need to go to the hospital to get tests conducted under the care of a heart specialist,

You do not give your age, health conditions cholesterol, family history, habits etc. so it is hard to say. With all of your symptoms, it may not be possible to find one diagnosis that would explain all of them. Maybe start with your family provider and take 2-3 of your most concerning symptoms to have looked at with each appointment time blocked for you. This is not an ER issue!

Anxiety may have much to do with how you are feeling.

• David B

For all, this is a 20 year old male!

yeah you might die

Here's a concept that far too many people don't seem to understand. You get every nutrient the body needs to function properly from food - with one exception: water.

Although you do get *some* water from food, it isn't nearly enough. The body loses around 2 quarts of water per day through its normal functions - breathing, kidney function, temperature regulation, and waste disposal. This water *HAS* to be replaced. Most people don't.

The medical profession has conned people into believing that "fluids" and water are the same thing - they're not. Fluids have a diuretic effect that forces water out of the body. The body was designed to use water, and there are no substitutes. And the only way to get the water you need is to drink it.

But the main thing that people don't realize is that every function in the body is tied to water - water regulates ALL of the body's functions, and when you're dehydrated, it affects those functions. This is why water is the most important nutrient the body needs to live - and it's why most of the body (75%) is composed of water.

Your symptoms don't sound like a clogged artery, per se, although you might have this problem as well. The dizziness indicates orthostatic hypertension - low blood pressure. And because blood is 94% water, it signifies low water levels. The dizziness comes from a lack of oxygen (carried in the blood) from getting to the brain. This usually happens when a person stands up too quickly, but it can happen any time an area of the body needs water and it isn't available, so it gets borrowed from somewhere else - and the brain is ultimately affected.

Insufficient water is also connected to the other issues you mention. You might try increasing your water intake and abstain from other beverages for a while and see if this helps. Whenever the body starts acting abnormal, the first thing a person should always try is drinking water to see if that does any good.

• ◄♦►

It doesn't take a calculator to see that it adds up quickly, and this is why people who drink more of these water substitutes than they should end up dehydrated - they can't drink enough water to satisfy the body's needs.

If you have a regular MD, call their office and/or leave a message with their service describing your symptoms. They may have you come in for a quick check of your vitals or send you straight to the ER or outpatient services for a blood draw. Any of these symptoms by themselves is enough to worry about, all of them together spell a bigger problem.

it sounds like a TIA ( transient ischemic attack ) that is a mini stroke or some sort of neurological event . it is very serious . you are on the edge of a major fatal stroke . go to ER NOW . call 911 don't drive yourself .

Source(s): medical / legal disclaimer : I am not a doctor . this is not a definitive diagnosis . if symptom persist see a doctor . this is just a guess based on your question and I offer no warranty expressed or implied .
  • ioerr

whatever it is, those symptoms are a great reason to go to the emergency room, or any doctor you can find, as soon as possible

Watch ER when you have a clogged artery? No, you need to get your rse off that couch and go to the actual ER.

It sounds like constipation. Could be both.