What do people mean by “the main road” I looked up the def am it says .. largest an most important road . How can a road be important ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I live Rural and the MAIN road is the one that takes you out of town

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I means the major thoroughfare that other roads connect to.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not the brightest in your class are you?

The main road is the largest or most travelled one. It is important because it is the most capable of handling a lot of traffic. People depend on it to go somewhere quickly and efficiently.

• 5 months ago

How can a road be important? Isn't the road that takes people to a hospital more important than the road that goes by just one or two houses?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • blu
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The more a road is used, the more important it becomes because when the road is closed (fully or partially), a greater amount of people are affected by the inconvenience.

But any road can be a main road to certain people. The closer to their home, the more important.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is the road that connects the minor roads.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

the main road is not important It is just the road that carries the most amount of traffic which makes it the main road for traffic to be on

• 5 months ago

If there were no roads you would know how important they were

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Clearly you did not grow up in a society in which "the main road" is an almost daily expression. For me in Britain, "the main road" is a big road within a town, or the road connecting towns and villages (but not a motorway [expressway]). As opposed to "side roads" within towns and villages.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

depends on where you're going

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.