Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 4 months ago

How can I make this dream a reality?

I'm a college student in the USA working as a business major. My bf lives in Switzerland (not a citizen though) and has a job. It's always been my dream to live in such a safe and beautiful country like that, especially with my love. Any tips or advice of me moving there? Also about job opportunities. I know this is challenging, but it is possible.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Depending on your bf's actual status in Switzerland he may be able to marry and sponsor you. He should check with a Swiss immigration attorney.

• 4 months ago

Sure. Marry a Swiss citizen.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Not sure why you mention an online bf, there are no online chatter visas, no bf/gf visas even if he was a citizen, so he is irrelevant, You are a new unproved graduate so there are no employers who would or even legally could sponsor a work visa,,,,so dreams have to have some reality to come true at this moment in time you have no reality, 'maybe' after several years of work eperience in a US job IF you have a degree and work experience in a field of work required in the country

• 4 months ago

There are no bf/gf visas, no shack-up visas, so you're not going to go join your bf. He's not a Swiss citizen, and cannot do anything for you (unless you marry & he sponsors your immigration to his country of citizenship).

Business degrees, including BBA, MBA, etc. are a glut on most markets & not a qualification for any employment visa anywhere. While Switzerland is not a member of EU, it does have an agreement on employment with EU. So jobs go first to citizens of Switzerland, then to citizens of any EU-member country.

Also, Swiss typically speak at least 2 of Switzerland's 4 official languages, in addition to English (several years of which is required in school, so most Swiss speak/read/write very good English). IF you held the degrees & expertise required to qualify for any job in Switzerland, expect to need fluency in at least 2 of Switzerland's languages (most widely spoken are German & French). Do not be surprised to meet Swiss who are completely native or near-native fluent (speaking, listening, reading & writing) in 4, 5, or more languages (most I've run into was 7 - completely fluent, with smatterings of a few more).

Check Swiss govt official immigration website for details on qualifications for temporary employment visas or immigration. The Swiss are among the world's most rigorous when it comes to qualifying for visas/immigration. Very severely limited. And vast sums of money are usually required, but not enough to qualify.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You have told is where he is NOT a citizen. So how about telling us the important thing. What country IS he w citizen of? Do you actually know this person? Or is this an online acquaintance?

• 4 months ago

I don't know what the immigration laws in Switzerland are. You can google them- there's almost certainly an embassy web page with the ways to get legal visas. You can apply for jobs- there is a certain amount of demand for people who speak English, although Switzerland has 4 national languages, and people generally speak two or three of them.

• ibu guru
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Most Swiss are fluent in at least 2 of the 4 official languages, PLUS English, as several years of English is a required subject in primary & secondary school. Speaking English is not some special qualification for employment visa. Practically any job expects fluency in several languages.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.