Is the Army worth it?

I’ve been considering joining the Army, but as far as I can tell the pay sucks across the board and the benefits aren’t very good. But I think the experience might make it worth it, possibly. My biggest problem is I have a really good job and I have a house payment, 2 car payments, a motorcycle payment. The... show more I’ve been considering joining the Army, but as far as I can tell the pay sucks across the board and the benefits aren’t very good. But I think the experience might make it worth it, possibly. My biggest problem is I have a really good job and I have a house payment, 2 car payments, a motorcycle payment. The military just doesn’t pay enough to pay my bills right now and it would be a HUGE pay cut. And I have a son and a girlfriend who I plan on asking to marry me really soon so I want to have a stable life. Plus I’m worried if I were to be deployed, my family could potentially be sitting in a house in Germany or somewhere and I could be sent to Iraq or wherever and they’d be too far from our families and alone. It’s just something I would really love to experience and be a part of, but the military doesn’t seem to offer much in return for committing. Does anyone with military experience have any advice or input? I’m 50/50 on what I should do.
17 answers 17