Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

Do the French really eat lots of bread and cheese?

Why they are not overweight?

Favorite Answer

Not lots, but appropriately at lunch and dinner.

Controlled meals every single day. Smaller, leaner portions.

Lots of salads and fruit each meal time.

There was very little in between meal snacking in my family,

and never loads of candy or chips, or fries or soda all day long.

My own family and I eat the same way to this day.

I don't think that's a thing there are probably people over there who overdo it and people who moderate. Just like the rest of the human race.

Yes, wine, cheese, French loaf bread

• denise

They certainly have many varieties of both.

• Mark

Yes, they really do. They also breathe air.

• Clive

Yes, and they also know how to eat well on other foods. And not eat too much - THAT is what makes you fat.

• keerok

Not that much but they do eat them regularly. The difference is that they walk a lot and they keep count of their calories. If they eat a lot now, they skip a meal or two later to compensate.

Another huge difference is that they eat delicious and flavorable food. This ensures that they get satisfied faster and eat less. Then again, it helps a lot that they make time to eat. They sit down and enjoy their food. Eating is an experience for them.

bread was in the bible so its a good food really ..its junk food and OVER Eating of any food that makes people fat

For breakfast they usually have bread or desserts like croissants. But I think that they don't eat baguettes, omelettes and chees all the day everyday.

However eating bread is healthier than eating burgers, fried food or pizzas and donuts

They eat French toast and croissants all day then hike up the Eiffel Tower