How do you clean and season a cast iron pan?

First you wash it like any other pan,Then you rub a little oil all over the pan and put it on the stove until it looks dry.

After cleaning (w/o soap) lightly oil and wipe up any residual oil. Place in a 350 degree oven for approx. 60 minutes. You can cook anythiing at the same time/ When you are done you can leave the pan in the oven for storage. Upside down over aluminum foil.

To season, I lightly rub some cooking oil and throw in a 350 degree oven for an hour or so.

To clean it, I use salt and baking soda and scrub it with a plastic brush.

i scrub the hell out of'em with a metal mesh scrubber and soap and it's all good. just bacon grease it and redline heat it on the BBQ grill next time you use it. i don't screw with using them indoors 'cause they take too long to heat up, and the 220 volt stove is more expensive to use.

1. Start with a dirty pan.

2. Rinse and wash with warm water. Use a little soap if desired. Be careful to not scrub all the coating off it.

3.Use a scraper if necessary.

4. Dry your skillet completely.

5. Wipe with the cooking oil of your choice.. You need to keep it seasoned for it to be more none stick and better for use. For many years when I was growing up ( I am 65 Years old now and still use a couple of the Iron Skillets etc. that my grandmother used and passed to my mother.

My Grandmother and mother used Cast Iron for most things. Make sure you season it WHICH IF YOU GO TO the link I will include and youtube I will include You will be very happy with it. IT is heavy so I would recommend you using a nice Handle cover as it does get very hot.. IT will burn you really bad if you grab hold of the HOT HANDLE.

https://www.southernliving.com/food/how-to/how-t0-...

http://www.lodgemfg.com/

I wash it in the sink with Dawn. Dry it well and grease it with Olive Oil. You can grease with any oil that you cook with, but I prefer Olive Oil or Crisco. If you don't oil it down, it will rust. After all it is an IRON skillet.

I'll clean it with Dawn and season it by putting oil before any seasoning

why clean it just keep using the grease over and over

I have no idea I’m afraid

You put it on the stove and let it get red hot with salt in it it. Then let it cool, get rid of the salt and oil the pan. It is now ready to use.. Afterwards, wipe it out, do not wash, especially not with soap.