How to trap bunny in bucket?

The question may sound odd, but I have bunnies that keep falling into my windowsill, and the only way to “free” them is to open the window to my room and try to get them to jump into a large plastic container, of which I then have to hope that I can put the lid on quick enough so they don’t jump out. This time,... show more The question may sound odd, but I have bunnies that keep falling into my windowsill, and the only way to “free” them is to open the window to my room and try to get them to jump into a large plastic container, of which I then have to hope that I can put the lid on quick enough so they don’t jump out. This time, however, I was not able to do this successfully, and was also not able to scoop up the bunny before it hid itself behind my dresser. I’ve looked up how to get a bunny back in it’s cage, but these all assume that you own the bunny and you have bunny food/treats. Does anyone know how to properly handle this situation? For instance, should I wear gloves? Should I try to bait it out? Is there a natural food that they like that could bait them into the container?
7 answers 7