i have quit smoking for 20 yers now, they say my lungs will never repair themselves, what can i do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I recommended starting a healthy lifestyle routine and maybe some breathing exercises to help increase airflow that's what my ex-smoking pals do so all I can so is pass on the knowledge that they have

But for the most part that's all you can do you made a mistake all you can do now is practice good habits and try your best to move on

• falcon
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

We reap what we sew

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your lungs will heal, although they may never be as good as new. I smoked for 22 years, quit for 10, started again for 9 years, then quit again this past January, and I am breathing again about as well as ever.

• 5 months ago

If you do your research you will read that your lungs actually do heal themselves hours after you stop smoking...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

They probly lied Western medical is pure nonsense.

• 5 months ago

Had you already damaged them before u quit or something? Because usually unless you've already contracted some kind of disease from smoking your body, including your lungs will completely recover if you quit smoking. If you don't actually already have any kind of respiratory disease as a result of your smoking then I would say you've been misinformed, because when you quit your body does fully recover, that's one of the main plus points of quitting.

• 5 months ago

live with it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 months ago

Your lungs started the healing process twenty years ago

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

you stop listening to them

• 5 months ago

You can eat right and you could exercise and live with what you have done to yourself you're not the only one I've been smoking my whole life sooner or later it's going to kill me that's your choice I made. And we all have to live with the choices that we make.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.