i have quit smoking for 20 yers now, they say my lungs will never repair themselves, what can i do?

I recommended starting a healthy lifestyle routine and maybe some breathing exercises to help increase airflow that's what my ex-smoking pals do so all I can so is pass on the knowledge that they have

But for the most part that's all you can do you made a mistake all you can do now is practice good habits and try your best to move on

• falcon

We reap what we sew

• In

Your lungs will heal, although they may never be as good as new. I smoked for 22 years, quit for 10, started again for 9 years, then quit again this past January, and I am breathing again about as well as ever.

If you do your research you will read that your lungs actually do heal themselves hours after you stop smoking...

They probly lied Western medical is pure nonsense.

Had you already damaged them before u quit or something? Because usually unless you've already contracted some kind of disease from smoking your body, including your lungs will completely recover if you quit smoking. If you don't actually already have any kind of respiratory disease as a result of your smoking then I would say you've been misinformed, because when you quit your body does fully recover, that's one of the main plus points of quitting.

live with it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your lungs started the healing process twenty years ago

• kelvin

you stop listening to them

You can eat right and you could exercise and live with what you have done to yourself you're not the only one I've been smoking my whole life sooner or later it's going to kill me that's your choice I made. And we all have to live with the choices that we make.