Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 5 months ago

Which city should I go to college in?

I'm thinking of applying to college in NYC, Los Angeles, San Diego and Austin.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Clearly you’re not going for education because New England has the best colleges in the country in regards to education and Ivy League schools and clearly you’re not going for the game day/ party atmosphere or you would consider places like the university of Alabama which has the best college football in the country and y’all ready know game

Day at colleges are a huge thing.

LA is trash. Only good if you love fraudulent people and overly priced things.

New York City.. good luck finding housing LMFAO. Average rent in New York City is thousands

On thousands of dollars a month even with roommates.

I would go to Austin if you have to chose out of those. Most logical choice.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Apply to the universities that have the best departments for your field of study. All that really matters is that your degree is good enough to get you a decent job.

• Toruko
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

See Google Earth, New Mexico Military Institute, a quaint and quiet urban area,

having scheduled public transit services and you can utilize Greyhound Lines

to escape if your private transportation decides it would rater remain motionless..

Consider becomming a commissioned officer in the US Armed Forces.

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your own. In state tuition is far less than out of state. and you can stay at home, saving food and housing expenses. If you must leave home for college, try going to a community college for the first two years, then transfer to the 4 year institution of your choice. Although student loans are available, please keep in mind that you will eventually have to repay it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Not NYC. It's ridiculously expensive and there's no need to pay high amounts when you could learn the same things elsewhere.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Los Angeles.........

• Niko
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

What's your intended major? Your local university most likely offers that major. Unless none of the universities in your state offer it, there's NO reason to go out of state where you will be charged non-resident tuition which can be double or triple the in-state tuition. Unless you are wealthy or have wealthy parents willing to pay, you will graduate with crippling debt if you choose the out-of-state route.

Whatever major you choose, research employment opportunities for that major. If employment opportunities are few, low-paying, or non-existent, pick something else.

• 5 months ago

If the schools were equivalent, I'd choose San Diego.

• John
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yup. You need to get your priorities straight most of all.

• 5 months ago

Austin would be the most affordable city to live in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.