Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

When my parents die can I keep living in their house?

I'm 25 years old with autism spectrum disorder and I still live with my parents. My parents take care of me

• No. It’s illegal to live with your parents anywhere in the world.

GET A JOB, LIBERAL CRYBABY.

Source(s): Experience, Conservatism, Lawyer, God, Guns, Family, Beer, Steak, America

It depends on their will or the executor of the estate. IF you pay taxes or house payments and also have a good lawyer MAYBE you can.. also depends on how autistic a court dems you are.

• Nick

It’s all up to them believe it or not.

• Clive

It depends on what their wills say. If they have made wills that leave the house to you, then when they die, it will be your house so of course you can keep living in it.

If they haven't made wills, then the house goes to whoever the intestacy rules in your local law say it goes to.

But do they own the house? If they rent it, it won't go to you.

ifs

if they own the house and your name is on the list

but you will have to pay for the lights and gas and water and trash bills and up keep of the place

i hope your not a free loader ..............sounds like you a brat and wants everything handed to you

get off your *** and work and buy your own house .........your pretty rude to even bring something like this up

you need a kick in the can and have your brain come out of your head

• Katie5 months agoReport

Wow you have to be the worst person I have seen on here so far and that's saying a lot! You don't know how severe this person's autism is and maybe they can't work. They just asked a simple question.

• ron h

depends on the will AND on someone paying the mortgage if there is one.

Only if you both inherit the house and can afford the taxes, insurance and maintenance on the house. If there's a mortgage on the house you'd also have to be able to pay that.

You should have this conversation with them...

They might set it up right, if they have the money to support you. If not, then you will likely lose the house and end up in a state facility or on the streets...just like every other poor person with problems.

• SimplytheFACTS

state facility? can you be more ignorant? there are community supported living homes.

They should make a legal will. You will need to be sure that you have arrangements to pay the real estate taxes and insurance.

What does their will say ? ? ?