Since it only takes 3 years to become naturalized citizen how many immigrants are gonna merry into america?

Only 3 years?

That seems quite a long time to me.

The thing is that once you get it you have to stay married for 10 years. If you get divorced, back to your own country you go.

Marriage fraud rates are escalating mightily. E.g. researchers have found marriage fraud rates as high as 99% among Philippines women - the world's #1 source of marriage fraud by women. The country that invented the Mail Order Bride leads the world in the Email Order Bride. Marriage fraud is so widespread now, that anyone who tries to hook up with you from certain countries MUST be automatically suspected of attempted immigration/marriage AND financial fraud.

• James

I think many may be merry when they become citizens

You can't just become American by "merry-making." That just means they have a happy disposition.

Merry? Plenty around Hanukkah.

• evil red

Anonymous people are no fun. Stop being scarred and make fun of my jokes like a third gendered alien!