Do the Romans still exist? Like, from the Roman Empire?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not all, but many Italians I’ve met seem to have ties to their past. For some reason in recent years, I have been extremely damaged by Italian Americans. Like my ex-wife, a psychiatrist that I went to, current and past landlords, somebody I loaned a couple of thousand dollars to who never paid me back, and so on. MANY others too numerous to mention. There just seem to be a lot of them in the state in which I currently live, CT. WAY too many. In politics and government, and they’re all extremely corrupt.I truly believe that a lot of these people have some kind of mental defects that they’ve inherited from their sadistic Roman ancestors who crucified Jesus Christ. They come across that way. As psychopaths. It’s interesting that there are so many of them in CT because a recent study concluded that there are more psychopaths in CT than in any other state.They seem to be very sadistic .They’re also pathological liars and natural thieves, who will steal from you and then mock you afterwards

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Please tell me you jest. In the sense that the Roman Empire dissolved many centuries ago, none would be alive today. In the sense that people living in Rome could be called Roman, yes. If you are asking if descendants of citizens of the Roman Empire could be alive today, yes, but many generations have past and they probably intermingled with others.

• 5 months ago

I'm not too sure wasn't that years ago I don't know if they exist bro.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Just as Americans are not British, Italians are not Romans.

• Greg Toolson
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Also plebeians were citizens too, just lower class. After the Social Wars citizenship was granted to most of Italy. Julius Caesar later granted it to most of Spain and France. Finally Caracalla gave everyone in the empire full citizenship.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

No, Mussolini wanted to rebuild the Roman Empire but he didn't get very far with it.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

yes they did .................

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Roman was a nationality, not a genetic thing.

So no they don't exist the same way Soviets don't exist anymore.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Less than one per cent of the population of Switzerland still speak Latin and has continually since the Roman Empire, and have never stopped.

• Aquarius 1011
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Apparently the language of Romania is quite similar to Latin.

• John
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Italians call them "Romano" - the Romans. Certainly there is a DNA connection. Italians feel no more cultural connection to them than the French do to the Gauls or the Brits do to the Saxons. WAY past history. But it's not like they don't cherish their history - Rome has ancient structures all over.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Italians are Romans and descendants of people who lived long ago

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.