Do the Romans still exist? Like, from the Roman Empire?

Not all, but many Italians I’ve met seem to have ties to their past. For some reason in recent years, I have been extremely damaged by Italian Americans. Like my ex-wife, a psychiatrist that I went to, current and past landlords, somebody I loaned a couple of thousand dollars to who never paid me back, and so on. MANY others too numerous to mention. There just seem to be a lot of them in the state in which I currently live, CT. WAY too many. In politics and government, and they’re all extremely corrupt.I truly believe that a lot of these people have some kind of mental defects that they’ve inherited from their sadistic Roman ancestors who crucified Jesus Christ. They come across that way. As psychopaths. It’s interesting that there are so many of them in CT because a recent study concluded that there are more psychopaths in CT than in any other state.They seem to be very sadistic .They’re also pathological liars and natural thieves, who will steal from you and then mock you afterwards

Please tell me you jest. In the sense that the Roman Empire dissolved many centuries ago, none would be alive today. In the sense that people living in Rome could be called Roman, yes. If you are asking if descendants of citizens of the Roman Empire could be alive today, yes, but many generations have past and they probably intermingled with others.

I'm not too sure wasn't that years ago I don't know if they exist bro.

• Joseph

Just as Americans are not British, Italians are not Romans.

• Greg Toolson

Also plebeians were citizens too, just lower class. After the Social Wars citizenship was granted to most of Italy. Julius Caesar later granted it to most of Spain and France. Finally Caracalla gave everyone in the empire full citizenship.

No, Mussolini wanted to rebuild the Roman Empire but he didn't get very far with it.

yes they did .................

Roman was a nationality, not a genetic thing.

So no they don't exist the same way Soviets don't exist anymore.

• Prince

Less than one per cent of the population of Switzerland still speak Latin and has continually since the Roman Empire, and have never stopped.

• Aquarius 1011

Apparently the language of Romania is quite similar to Latin.

• John

Italians call them "Romano" - the Romans. Certainly there is a DNA connection. Italians feel no more cultural connection to them than the French do to the Gauls or the Brits do to the Saxons. WAY past history. But it's not like they don't cherish their history - Rome has ancient structures all over.

Italians are Romans and descendants of people who lived long ago