What is the purpose of baby powder?

Favorite Answer

It's meant to be used on baby's bottoms and thighs to prevent chafing from the diaper. A lot of women use it to freshen up during the day and pat it on their skin to help absorb sweat and oil. It's used far less than it used to be though, baby powder is known to cause cancer if used regularly.

Short answer: to absorb moisture

It's not just used on babies. Many adults use it also for moisture absorption and to help prevent chafing. There are talcum-free baby powder options available for those who are concerned with the possible connection to talcum and cervical cancer (studies are still inconclusive).

• Joe

If they make chili powder from chili, then...…..????

To keep areas of your body dry. Not to be used on sensitive areas. I prefer to use it in my shoes to prevent moisture and friction. Also, makes a great dry shampoo is used sparingly.

Make it babys bottom smell nice after a ****

For big companies to make more money by selling something unnecessary and dangerous.

It's to dry the skin in order to avoid diaper rash.

It absorbs moisture. Typically used in diapering babies. I have also used to cleanup spills and control moisture and smells in my shoes.

I would do research before using on an infant, there have been recent lawsuits stemming from toxins if I remember correctly.

Do Not Use!

Can cause SERIOUS harm to women.

Baby Powder may increase the risk of ovarian cancer or mesothelioma.

To absorb urine and prevent a rash.