What is the purpose of baby powder?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's meant to be used on baby's bottoms and thighs to prevent chafing from the diaper. A lot of women use it to freshen up during the day and pat it on their skin to help absorb sweat and oil. It's used far less than it used to be though, baby powder is known to cause cancer if used regularly.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Short answer: to absorb moisture

It's not just used on babies. Many adults use it also for moisture absorption and to help prevent chafing. There are talcum-free baby powder options available for those who are concerned with the possible connection to talcum and cervical cancer (studies are still inconclusive).

• Joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If they make chili powder from chili, then...…..????

• 6 months ago

To keep areas of your body dry. Not to be used on sensitive areas. I prefer to use it in my shoes to prevent moisture and friction. Also, makes a great dry shampoo is used sparingly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Make it babys bottom smell nice after a ****

• 6 months ago

For big companies to make more money by selling something unnecessary and dangerous.

• 6 months ago

It's to dry the skin in order to avoid diaper rash.

• 6 months ago

It absorbs moisture. Typically used in diapering babies. I have also used to cleanup spills and control moisture and smells in my shoes.

I would do research before using on an infant, there have been recent lawsuits stemming from toxins if I remember correctly.

• 6 months ago

Do Not Use!

Can cause SERIOUS harm to women.

Baby Powder may increase the risk of ovarian cancer or mesothelioma.

• 6 months ago

To absorb urine and prevent a rash.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.