Lv 5
. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

What is Trump trying to achieve by using racism against 4 American progressive congresswomen?

He told them to go back to the country they came from with 1 naturalized citizen.

But they are all American 3 born in the US, and Trump wants them all to return to another country? What country is that?

Update:

@Simon T, 1 of them migrated when she was a child and became an American citizen, the other 3 were born in the USA along with the rest of their families.

The one that naturalized with her parents. Her and her husband have a son born in the US, she only speaks American English as her first language. She is an American citizen.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

HE DID NOT USE RACISM.. his words are misinterpreted, The only racism is the hatred of these four horrid women. If anyone dares to speak back to them or criticize them they whine racism. Grow up, get the Hell out of government and yes.. go back to wherever you came from if you hate the U.S!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He's trying to make independent voters think "the squad" represents the Democrat party's overall sentiments leading up to the 2020 election. The longer he keeps their names in the headlines the more disgust people in pivotal swing states will generate toward the party as a whole. Also as long as this item leads every news site fewer people are talking about the mess at the border.

• 5 months ago

You and many others here wouldn't know what real racism is if it hit you in your face.. NOT ONE word he said was actually a racist comment.. HE id not refer to any color, etc. YOU are one who no matter who or what someone says you want to jump up and yell racist... HOW about the Democrits always referring to the color ORANGE... Calling someone a color IS RACIST... CALLING SOMEONE A DEROGATORY NAME IS BUT telling the truth is not in any way racists.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Anywhere but here. North Korea would be perfect for them.

• Simon T
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Trump is friends with the brutal dictator there. Maybe he should seek asylum there before he gets impeached here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Since when is that comment racism? Sometimes the truth is just the truth

• Simon T
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

They are all American citizens. To suggest that non-white people should "go back" to some other country is to suggest that non-whites cannot be Americans. That is fundamentally racist. If you cannot see that this is a racist remark, then I really suggest that you reconsider your viewpoint.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Trying to further divide democrats! The fool seems to have done the reverse!

• Yavan
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

This is campaigning. A particular brand of it. Trump's brand is fascism.

The problem with America (and both parties have been guilty of this) is the coddling of the conservative mind.

Conservative America has been manipulating its base for decade. A conservative in America is someone who hasn't seen reality in decades. The point of the conservative lie machine is to keep these people conservative (and to profit in the meantime). In order to do that, they have set up the think tanks and the Pravda (Fox, Limbaugh…)… conservatives in America never have to look outside their world of lies. Whatever lies they want to hear is right there for them.

Progressives have also been guilty in that they have accepted the ''Folksy folks'' narrative of conservatism; that it is somehow wrong to point out the delusions of the delusional. They ''believe'' with their hearts.

Cute.

Problem is now they're full-fledged fascists and proud of themselves for it.

Rallying the base now means rallying it against truth and decency, because that's where they've been keeping them.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That little child squad are the racist

• -j.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He is trying to achieve firing up his white supremacist base. He has foregone dog whistles and moved straight onto the bullhorn.

• 5 months ago

Actually I agree with Trump's tweet:

"So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world . . ."

The country that these women come from does have a government that is a complete and total catastrophe. And I agree that it is the worst, and that it is corrupt and inept. I am not sure if it is the most corrupt in the world, after all, look at Russia, but Trump is really trying to make it a contender.

I really do hope that these four women do go back to their homes and do all they can to remove this inept, corrupt, nepotistic fiasco of an administration, along with it's infantile, racist and misogynistic leader.

Edit:

For those who do not get what I am saying: I recognize that these four women are Americans. I think that should go back to their homes, and constituencies in America and sort out the corrupt and inept government that now infests the White House.

• Lee5 months agoReport

Dora, learn to spell. Doe is another name for a female deer and if it's anyone who's stupid it's you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.