Would this ruin society?

If robots were replaced with market jobs

Such as the mall , Walmart , and owners liked to use robots instead of humans

Like if robots were made to help costumers instead

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It will if an alternate human social system isn't created.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That is already reality. It is called online shopping.

So no - as that's the way it already is, it does not ruin society.

• OnePunchMan4 months agoReport

Im talking about the human workers basically being replaced by robots..

• Oiy
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

I hope so. And the owner of the robots will get rich to the sky, on the condition that someone might still come to the mall to get the robot's help. I have never been to the mall for a decade. The robot has helped me at home. And the guys who bought the goods to me are sexy.

• Damien
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

get out of your fantasy world, we are decades away from coming with up with robots who can replace workers in walmart

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

There is little doubt by futurists that robots will displace humans at especially menial jobs, like store clerks.

There are already stores where there are no sales or check-out clerks. Here's how that works:

"Consumers scan an app on their smartphone as they enter the store, then cameras and other sensors track shoppers and add items to a virtual cart as they're pulled off shelves. Customer accounts are automatically charged for the purchases as they leave." [https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-go-store-witho...

The only people working for that store are those who stock the shelves and a handful of security guards and aids to step in if there is an issue with the scanners and such. My point, not even jobs for robots are secure.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

no...it would not...if all the lousy jobs were taken by robots...i think we could finally start to tackle the big problems..so people would no longer have to learn about crap...and instead could focus on science and such...and...and when robots start taking the middle class jobs...that is when people wont have to work at all and instead will be paid in taxes to essentially do nothing or whatever they wanted all day...you would still have people who are lazy and do nothing and you will still have the overachievers who make the world move forward..you could still earn money if you got a job...but most people would be fine with the bare minimum and living off the government....look up Yang for president and check out his goals

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

...people would rather work than be on a dole. You see work gives people something to look forward to and on occasions a sense of pride through accomplishment. And Yang's $1000 a month, or any value, is totally dumb because it lacks the all the rewards that work gives us...including pride.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.