Queen asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Is going to a dentist / hygienist really necessary or just a money making scam?!?

You can buy a scaler and Apagard. But you still cant clean deep enough without a ultrasonic scaler. You can buy that 2. Gum disease is a silent kiler.

• Benny

Total scam, just like brushing and flossing. The one thing I do recommend is rinsing with Coke 10-15 times a day. 🦷

Source(s): I'm a renowned dentist who has treated six presidents, Lori Loughlin, and Cardi B.
  • Minni

Maintaining or improving your oral health is important because a simple cavity if left untreated can cause infection in other parts of the body. Also, practicing good oral hygiene should be an important part of your everyday routine. Prevention is the key. Who wants to loose teeth? Get periodical checkups just as you would from your physician.

if you learn a little bit about your own dental hygiene you can buy most everything on eBay for under $100 to do all your own dental hygiene including the scraping of your teeth and even the fluoride treatments. You can even learn how to fill your own cavities with light activated resin. And you don't even need anesthetic and drilling. of course if you get a major dental problem you're going to have to have somebody do the work for you. But it pays to learn a little about taking care of your own teeth you can save thousands of dollars

Keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy, can even help your overall health.

I went more than 5 years one time without seeing one and nothing happened. Just brush your teeth really good and stay away from sweets. Sugar is what causes cavities. So if you must ingest sugar, brush afterwards.

I go once every 1-3 years now and I haven't had a cavity in about 20 years.

• Greg

Necessary, of course.

"Prevention is worth a pound of cure". Cavities and damage are permanent, so the preventive maintenance, treatments and exams help.

I read some where that you don't really have to go every 3 or 6 months if your teeth are fine and healthy so why do we have to keep visiting them if your doing ok with your oral hygiene?