Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

How come othe corn sold at the Supermarket is white instead of yellow?

Yellow is the color of corn. Why should I want white?

Plus, yellow has more beta carotene. The corn of the pilgrims was full of color, reds, blews, greens and even black. The stuff we are eating won't put hair on anyone's chest.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

i like the yellow on ebut the white one is ok

• 5 months ago

Worldwide, more than 60 percent of the corn harvest feeds livestock and just under 20 percent is for human consumption. The balance serves industry or is used as seed. Of course, ratios vary from country to country.

• 5 months ago

In defense of Silver Queen table corn: Silver Queen is the sweetest, most tasty corn readily available in commercial supermarkets. It is best served by folding back the husks, removing the silk, returning the husks to their original position, soaking for 45 minutes, and grilling over gas or charcoal until they are hot, the husks are almost dry and some of the kernels are blackened from the grill. Serve with melted butter to dip in.

• 5 months ago

White is the new yellow.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

The white tastes better, a little sweeter.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You need to buy New Jersey corn.

• 5 months ago

White or sweet corn or silver queen or zellwood corn which is also a white corn is a very flavorful and sweet corn. And it's not always just white corn they have yellow corn when it's yellow corn season I have white corn when it's white corn season and around Thanksgiving and Halloween it's colored corn season

• 5 months ago

i don't want corn with hair in it :(

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Mine sells both, no big deal, both taste good

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

rnaybe you need to ask the superrnarket this question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.