Hayley asked in PetsFish · 5 months ago

What's wrong with my fish?

For a few weeks I have thought our fish was pregnant and going to lay her eggs, but today I saw she actually has this giant white lump protruding from her stomach. The lump has actually now broken through her scales. She also has a new small black spot on her back, and her scales are seeming to stand.

She's also being weighed down by the lump and has been staying around the bottom of the bowl.

I've attached a photo of her at the time of posting this. Please note she's a small fish, I just have her in a weird bowl to keep her isolated from the healthy fish so she looks bigger than she actually is.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with her?

Thanks.

• Similar thing happened to my betta seems like dropsy,it’s organs probably failed keep the water in good quality

It seems like very advanced dropsey. Im sorry but their is no cure. The most humane thing to do would be to use clove oil to euthinize it.

It looks like it has dropsy

Maybe he got some ilness