Forgotten windows XP Password. How can I unlock my computer?

Hi I need to use some old software that is on a laptop it runs windows XP professional I cant remember the password. How can I get the computer open and running. It starts ok I just cant remember the password I used from 10 years ago.

I also have the original XP Pro installation disk

boot hiren's 15.2 to MiniXP

• Bill-M

ERD Commander program will let you change the Password. ERD comes on a CD and you boot off of the CD to run it's Lock Smith program.

• David

There are ways to remove the password if you search the internet. Just google remove windows XP password

We get lots of requests for lost passwords, basically you are asking us to tell you how to hack into a protected computer. The computer could be stolen for all we know.

Take the computer with proof of ownership to a workshop and they should be able to remove the password, or alternatively reinstall the operating system from your recovery disks.

If we posted any method of bypassing/resetting a password over the internet on a public forum, any thief or hacker would think Christmas came early

Take out the hard drive. Plug it I to another computer

Follow these instructions

https://www.instructables.com/id/Unlock-Hard-Drive...

Pop the hard drive back into the locked machine.

Nothing at all you can do other than remembering it

• Lv 6

You are such an ignorant muslim. I know what I am talking about. You really need to stop spreading your disinformation in an attempt to make genuine answers look bad. It's getting real old. How many years have you been doing this now?