No asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 6 months ago

If I talk BAD about a Muslim empire, is it haram?

Asalamualaikum,

I was reading about the Mughals. They were a Muslim empire that ruled India. They were not good people and were bad representation of Muslims. My mom is actually a descendant of them.

They practiced numerous sins such as:

-converting people under pressure and violence

-kidnapping women and raping women

-practicing homosexuality with transgenders and young boys

-wearing jewelry such as earrings, bracelets and lots of gold

Therefore I often say that I do not like them. And I say that British empire was actually better as they were never really that violent.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Allah gave you a brain to question and make a judgement. We are not all mechanical robots

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

no it isn't bad to talk about muslim empires. empires were not mentioned in the quran. people from all religious backgrounds have committed atrocities and used their religion to justify their actions. some people are not religious and only care about power and money unfortunately. muslim empires were no exception. a lot of rulers did not care about islam. they cared about money and power.

--- the jews killed all the canaanites and besides raping gays, they did all the things you mentioned in your comment except it was towards the canaanites

---- the hindus killed and conquered each other before the arabs did

----- european countries have gone around killing and raping the world for thousands and thousands of years. people keep mentioning the crusades but they have committed other atrocities. far worse than crusades. they also killed all the jews in jerusalem when muslims protected them when they conquered jerusalem

-----americans killed native americans and enslaved black people

------australia and new zealand killed off native aboriginals in their country.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Wa alaikum assalam.

No human being is protected from critisism. Only God is perfect.

This saying is worth some reflection:

Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “It is said that Allah allows the just state to remain even if it is led by unbelievers, but Allah will not allow the oppressive state to remain even if it is led by Muslims. And it is said that the world will endure with justice and unbelief, but it will not endure with oppression and Islam.”

Source: al-Amr bil Ma’rūf 1/29

• No. Don't bring politics into islam.

• ...Show all comments
    • sam
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

The Brits have bent over backward apologizing for whatever bad actions they did in India and the world over unlike Muslims who deny whatever they did.
      Nor have they rewritten and twisted history in their educational institutes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

it is not bad to speak about a Cult that supports this

https://talkinjihadblues.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/...

• 6 months ago

they are all bad

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it happens... like the crusaides of Europe... they were a bad group of christians that raped, killed, pillaged anyone that didnt believe or convert to t heir way of christianity..

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No if they did those things you have a right to condemn them it is not okay to do those things especially enslave and rape people you don't have to blindly support someone that claims to be the same religion as you. People who support those atrocities are munafiq who give people a reason to be haters.

• 6 months ago

They call themselves Muslims Empire but in reality they were oppressors and commit atrocities , under the disguise of Islam. tell me where are they now. What we see is their evils products ,as your mum is doing, as you have mention by yourself.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

wa alaykum salam,

1. Criticism of an Islamic empire needs to be accompanied by fatwas, and not just isolated fatwas (i.e. a handful of scholars), but a large following, a consensus for example. You yourself are not allowed to interpret historical events, the kafirs manipulate history to portray themselves as good and others as evil for example.

2. Regarding this specific empire you're talking about, I have not seen any evidence that they allowed homosexuality to prevail, where did you get this information? I will not accept "evidence" from disbelieving sources, only fatwas.

3. Pressuring people to convert to Islam is absolutely fine in Islam and there's nothing wrong with it, jizya tax itself is a type of pressure on the kafirs to pressure them into converting. I myself became a Sunni Muslim from said pressure, Alhamdullilah.

Allah's Messenger (s) said that Allah aza wa jal wonders about those who enter Jannah in chains, i.e. the slaves who believed in Allah after said pressure.

So that is absolutely fine in Islam even if you don't like it, EVEN IF YOU HATE IT, it is absolutely fine in Islam to pressure kafirs to become Muslim and leave behind falsehood, as they pressure us Muslims to leave the truth that is Islam in all four corners of the Earth.

Regarding #2, this is vague, as women are part of the war booty after conquests and a reward for the Mujahideen for their heroic efforts as stated in the Noble Quran, they and the disbelieving people who fought against us become property, slaves, and this is not viewed as kidnapping.

Regarding yoru #4, wearing jewelry is absolutely fine in Islam, it is only forbidden for men tow ear gold, women can wear jewelry so long as it isn't in haram areas like belly piercings or tongue piercings for example, and that's fine.

In any case, you need to present evidence for all these cases, as well as fatwas to back up any case.

3. To say that a disbelieving nation, such as a British Empire which has invaded Muslim territories, colonized Muslim lands and forced their false Christianity on the people, is better than any single Muslim nation no matter how oppressive and evil it is, is absolutely ignorant on your part.

The British empire was a scourge to the Ummah from day 1, they funded pirates to kidnap and rape women in the middle ages, they invaded Musllim lands in the 21st century such as Iraq and Afghanistan for example, and Syria. They are a crusader nation. My advice to you is, don't get brainwashed by your own country into thinking they are the good guys, they aren't. Allah says in the Quran that if he sensed any good in them (i.e. faith) then he would have guided them.

wa salam.

• ...Show all comments
    • blue sky
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Look at the Muslim responses on here...all exaugurated. It's normal for the Muslim mentality

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.