How do I keep a specific person from calling on iPhone?

I have a friend who blows my phone up constantly while I’m working. I already have their alerts hidden in text messages, and I usually have my phone on do not disturb with my important contacts on emergency bypass, but I’m waiting on a call back for a job so I can’t have my phone on do not disturb. Is there a way I can block a specific contact’s calls, or mute them without actually blocking them?

You should be able to put individual contacts on silent from Xhour to Yhour. If not with your phone's native phone app, or a downloaded app for blocking calls.

Or the better option is to tell the person that while you are at work, you do not want or need calls from friends or family, especially for chit chat. And if they can't hold off until after work to call/text, you will have to block them for being able to call, until you remember to unblock them, which may be days or weeks later.

You're going to have to level with them. "I like you but I need to focus on work and I'm expecting calls I can't miss. Please save that for after work."

Then. Stop. Answering., and call your friend to catch up after work so they know you do care.

• SRΛSC

I don't think there is a way short of blocking the person, albeit temporarily

Or you could try explaining the situation to the person.

Create or download a silent ringtone.

Set their contact info so it uses that ringtone. The call will still be visible, but no sound.

Silent ringtone info:

https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971156

the only option i believe you can do is temporarily block them and once you get the call unblock them.