When a government crumbles, what does the UN do?

I've been thinking about this a bunch & I wanna hear what other people think. If an Island country or territory like Bermuda or Hawaii were to undergo some sort of political unrest that left the local government overthrown, is there anything stopping the new regime? Could the UN interfere during the... show more I've been thinking about this a bunch & I wanna hear what other people think.
If an Island country or territory like Bermuda or Hawaii were to undergo some sort of political unrest that left the local government overthrown, is there anything stopping the new regime? Could the UN interfere during the overthrow in an effort to help the existing government? If they did & failed, how would they respond to the new nation born out of the rubble? Would they see the new order as some sort of hostile power or would they be welcomed into the UN. What would happen after the last domino fell & how seriously would the new nation be taken? How would this apply to other larger nations?