Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 5 months ago

is 130mph really that fast?

a state trooper yesterday gave me a SUPER HIGH ticket because he says i was "felony speeding" at 130mph in my chrysler 300. I told him i wasn't going that fast and he threatened to arrest me because he says im "Stupid". Was i really going that fast?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your story is totally false. In every jurisdiction of the United States, 130 mph would be considered Reckless Driving, which is a crime (as compared to a violation like careless driving or speeding). In no jurisdiction is there such a thing as "felony speeding".

• Oslay4 months agoReport

In many cases it is but it all depends on your states speeding laws. Driving over 100 mph may under some situations be a felony offense a crime punishable by fine or a year or more in jail. The more factors that stack up against you the stiffer the fine and more likely of the felony categorization.

• 5 months ago

Yes it is. 130 mph is an unsafe speed to be driving on a public road that resulted in you being ticketed. If you have a need for speed, consider going to Germany and take a drive on the autobahn where there's no speed limit (in most stretches) or do it on a racecourse. No public roadway should be your speed barrier, period.

• `
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I'm sure you were going 130mph....in your dreams.

• 5 months ago

You couldn't reach 130 mph going downhill in your go cart.

If you were going 130mph, the officer would have STARTED with arresting you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You apparently think a Chrysler 300 is a big deal. Are you 12?

My GRANDMOTHER drives a Chrysler 300!

Apparently the Police think it's "really that fast." What I think doesn't matter.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If he got you on radar, then yes, you were really flying that fast.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I don't think so...but it depends on the road conditions. In some states, they take away your licence if you go above 85 mph.

• 5 months ago

yes it is because you risk yourself at getting an accident and getting not only yourself but others killed as well

• 5 months ago

Yes, you were.....

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

"Was i really going that fast"?

I don't know, I wasn't there...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.