Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 5 months ago

is 130mph really that fast?

a state trooper yesterday gave me a SUPER HIGH ticket because he says i was "felony speeding" at 130mph in my chrysler 300. I told him i wasn't going that fast and he threatened to arrest me because he says im "Stupid". Was i really going that fast?

• KaleyK
    Favorite Answer

Your story is totally false. In every jurisdiction of the United States, 130 mph would be considered Reckless Driving, which is a crime (as compared to a violation like careless driving or speeding). In no jurisdiction is there such a thing as "felony speeding".

• Oslay4 months agoReport

In many cases it is but it all depends on your states speeding laws. Driving over 100 mph may under some situations be a felony offense a crime punishable by fine or a year or more in jail. The more factors that stack up against you the stiffer the fine and more likely of the felony categorization.

Yes it is. 130 mph is an unsafe speed to be driving on a public road that resulted in you being ticketed. If you have a need for speed, consider going to Germany and take a drive on the autobahn where there's no speed limit (in most stretches) or do it on a racecourse. No public roadway should be your speed barrier, period.

• `

I'm sure you were going 130mph....in your dreams.

You couldn't reach 130 mph going downhill in your go cart.

If you were going 130mph, the officer would have STARTED with arresting you.

You apparently think a Chrysler 300 is a big deal. Are you 12?

My GRANDMOTHER drives a Chrysler 300!

Apparently the Police think it's "really that fast." What I think doesn't matter.

• audrey

If he got you on radar, then yes, you were really flying that fast.

I don't think so...but it depends on the road conditions. In some states, they take away your licence if you go above 85 mph.

yes it is because you risk yourself at getting an accident and getting not only yourself but others killed as well

Yes, you were.....

• Jay P

"Was i really going that fast"?

I don't know, I wasn't there...