there is a small blue light at the top of my laptop computer. What is it?

Typically, a blue light is WiFi. A red light is power or camera.

if you dont use camera remove it (physically) same for microphone just because the led is off it does not mean that it is inactive!

It’s the same blue light used in an police car, Ambulance and fire engine

I have tape over mine

It is the camera and It is on video recording you i would check my virus software and see if my computer isn't being hijacked .

I cannot understand why your camera is on filming you on your computer?

You can find out the model number on a label somewhere on the laptop, usually on the underside. If you know the name of the manufacturer and the model number, you can go online to find the owner's manual for that laptop, assuming you don't have a printed one already. If you can get to the owner's manual, you will be able to discover what the blue light means.

• Bill-M

Your camera is ON.

Someone is recording you from somewhere else. Put duck tape over the camera so they can't see you.

You weren't really clear what you meant by "top," and didn't provide a model number. My best guess is that it's an indicator of the Wi-fi card status (powered / unpowered).

• Fuhr

It's the government. They're watching you. They're watching us all!! Oh no, they've found me.....