Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 5 months ago

Do I have breast cancer? Scared to go to the doctors?

I first noticed a very small, hard lump under my nipple, which I squeezed and discharge came out. A week or so later I noticed a lump in my breast, it is oval shaped and sometimes painful. It’s quite small and doesn’t seem to have grown much over the past two weeks. I’m so worried it is breast cancer I am constantly thinking about it, but I’m scared to go to the doctor and having to get my breasts out...

I don’t have any other of the breast cancer symptoms such as dimpling, inverted nipple, a change in breast shape. I also have no family history of breast cancer. I’m 19 so I think it’s quite unlikely too. I don’t want to go to the doctors and go through the anxiety of having to be examined to be told it is a cyst or something, but I also don’t want to keep pushing it to the back of my mind and ignoring it. If you know what you’re talking about, any advice? Is it likely to be a cyst or cancer? How much longer can I wait, if it still hasn’t grown in the next two weeks does that mean it’s unlikely to be cancer?

Thank you

• LAN

Then you are a moron and not worth wasting any time on. If you are really so stupid that you can't understand that seeing a doctor is the only way to be diagnosed then the gene pool is better off without you in it.

Let’s be real. There’s no way to know what it is unless x-rays are taken and perhaps a biopsy. Anyone would be scared but being scared doesn’t tell you what’s going on. The likelihood of cancer may not be high but not knowing doesn’t help anything. Tell your parent and make a doctor’s appointment. It will probably be fine.

It's probably a cyst, in which case your doctor can draw off the fluid and make it go away. If it is cancer, it's better to get it treated now rather that when they have to cut away large chunks of you. Go now.

Sounds more like infections from squeezed pimples than cancer. Did you know that real breast cancer is usually a disease of middle aged or older women?