Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Gum decease?

I’ve had gum decease for years now, I was informed a few months ago while meeting a new dentist for a emergency check up from a infection caused by the decease. I’ve been going to the same dentist since, I was a baby and was not once suggested I had a decease. I’ve been in extreme pain from it and feel as it was ignorance on their part.

Can I take action for this, against them?

Favorite Answer

Two problems with this matter:

Why wasn't the same dentist cleaning your teeth regularly.

Why didn't he detect it sooner. There is usually some pocketing beforehand.

Talk to a malpractice lawyer.

You have gum disease and you aren’t getting treatment for it which you need to to now. You shouldn’t of left it for all them years . Get to the dentist and get it sorted out otherwise you could end up a lot worse.

No you cannot sue

• olivia

Gingivitis (gum inflammation) usually precedes periodontitis (gum disease). However, it is important to know that not all gingivitis progresses to periodontitis. In the early stage of gingivitis, bacteria in plaque build up, causing the gums to become inflamed and to easily bleed during tooth brushing.

• patty

I know this person in my block and she was told she had gum disease, due to smoking I believe. She was told her teeth would fall out. i'm not sure if it can be detected early on.

Disease NOT decease.

• Marc

First of all it is "disease".

Next, you need to consult an attorney that specializes in medical malpractice

you need to see a dentist and a dictionary

What is gum decease? Decease means stop. Your gums have stopped doing something -

Not likely. Ultimately you are responsible for managing your own health.

Now if they gave you incorrect advice or suggested that you not take care of your teeth then maybe...