Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 5 months ago

Does anyone know what these black lumps on a bunny were?

So I saw a wild bunny, and it had two black lumps on it, one hanging off it’s chin and another on its side. It looks to be a pretty small bunny. But these black lumps had the size & shine of a bunny’s eyeball, and I was curious to know what was going on. Is it some type of tumor/cancer? Or is it a birth defect? Is it carrying a contagious disease? My dog went near it, and was by him for about 15 seconds before I saw the bunny, so I want to know if it was potentially carrying a harmful disease.

• Snezzy

Ticks. There is nothing you can do for a wild rabbit unless you are in Australia. Remember, they "breed like rabbits" so the demise of any individual is of almost no consequence.

I agree, definitely ticks. When feeding for long amounts of time, they can expand their bodies the size of a gumball. When they get that big, eventually they drop from their host. I'd suggest to leave the bunny be, it'll lose those ticks sooner than you know.

the vet rnight know, i would take it to the vet

• Snezzy

Can't take wild bunny to the vet. It's wild. How would you catch it?

Possibly ticks.