how harmful is overheated butter?
i accidentally overheated the butter because i had something going on while i had it heating up.. i fried my eggs in it anyway then i just decided to see if it was safe i did a search and it said overheated oils cause toxic fumes and radicals that are harmful to human, i did not eat the food but i was breathing in the smell for a bit.
- Big MouthLv 66 months ago
Super harmful if it catches on fire and burns the house down.
- AngelLv 46 months ago
Taste it. If it tastes fine, no worries.
Ps. Cooking butter (and sugar?) for too long is how caramel is made.
- JoeLv 66 months ago
What was going on that was so important that you over heated the butter ?? Were you having intimate relations in the kitchen again ?? Come on, you're the one that brought it up. Spill your guts.
- 6 months ago
I don't think you should be very concerned, since it only happened one time.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- JoyaSeeLv 76 months ago
It's fine to eat it.
- LizBLv 76 months ago
Butter is a natural fat, and heating it is called "browning" the butter, which is a culinary technique. Butter and fake industrially produced fats like Crisco, margarine, and vegetable oils are NOT the same thing. The latter you shouldn't eat at all.
- yet-knish!Lv 76 months ago
Butter is not the same as oils.
- Lord BaconLv 76 months ago
The food would have been OK to eat.
LOADS of things give off fumes that CAN be harmful if you are exposed to high concentrations for a long period. Scented candles are a bigger risk that hot butter
Our bodies can cope with the odd toxic fumes or dodgy food. There is no need to over react. The strain of worrying probably did more harm than the fumes ever could have.
- I Like StoriesLv 76 months ago
oye, good luck in life.