My parents don’t have rules for me. Is that weird? Is it maybe because I’m an only child?

I’m 15 and I notice that most people my age have rules they have to follow. That’s not really the case for me. My parents let me come and go whenever I want as long as I let them know where I’m going and stay in touch. They never tell me when I have to be home by. They don’t give me chores. They let me manage my... show more I’m 15 and I notice that most people my age have rules they have to follow. That’s not really the case for me. My parents let me come and go whenever I want as long as I let them know where I’m going and stay in touch. They never tell me when I have to be home by. They don’t give me chores. They let me manage my own schedule (during the school year I wake myself up, get a ride to school from my parents, get picked up by then, and then come home and do my homework and take a shower and go to sleep when I choose to. It seems like it works out ok for me. I usually try to get home before dark since I don’t like walking in the dark. My grades in school are good. I had a 4.0 last semester. I get plenty of sleep (I love sleep <3 hahaha). My relationship with my parents are good. I don’t really go out much. Usually just to watch a movie with friends on a weekend or go to the mall or for special occasions. Do you think my parents are like this because I’m an only child? None of my friend’s parents are like this. My friend’s mom literally has a tracking app called Life360 on her phone.