Can 2 cops bait you/trick you into speeding?

I was getting pulled over by a cop for going 75, and I tried to pull over on the freeway. I was In the fast lane, knew I was going 5 over so I was completely prepared to accept a 5 over ticket. However, there was a cop to the right of me too, and when I tried to slow down, he would slow down too. And when I sped up, he would and I could not get over. Finally I had to try and go 80 to pass him and he sped up again, I slowed down FINALLY got over, and got ticketed for going 80. I dont have any proof of this, so I can t fight it, but just so I m aware(and I learned my lesson, next time I ll just slow WAY down until someone gets impatient and let s me over) is this something they are allowed to do? Like if I caught it on video could I get out of a speeding ticket?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. The Police have nothing better to do with their time except to bait you/trick you into speeding.

• 5 months ago

Your scenario is 100% PURE BS. The officer DID NOT slow down to prevent you from pulling over.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

M@ ignore Steve, He admits to brain damage, Section 8 housing, cop lover, no cop is ever"wrong" no poster is ever more than a " troll". As for me, I think I'll do something Constructive, like wash dog, stitch a leather motorcycfe sat..Will post pix if interested

• `
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The cop car on the side of you wanted you to pull over right away - not when you feel like. They have blue and red flashing lights for a reason.

• Mikayla5 months agoReport

Then why wouldn't he let me over? Read the question

• 5 months ago

Yes. They can try to see if you're stupid enough to speed up over the limit to get ahead of a cop.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

They don’t trick me

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

you sped right in front of a cop, what were you thinking?

• Mikayla5 months agoReport

I was thinking It was more important to safely get over, and after about 5 minutes of the cop not letting me over I was also thinking I didnt want to get in trouble for not getting over. Also cool thanks for not actually answering or reading the question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.