Can 2 cops bait you/trick you into speeding?

I was getting pulled over by a cop for going 75, and I tried to pull over on the freeway. I was In the fast lane, knew I was going 5 over so I was completely prepared to accept a 5 over ticket. However, there was a cop to the right of me too, and when I tried to slow down, he would slow down too. And when I sped up, he would and I could not get over. Finally I had to try and go 80 to pass him and he sped up again, I slowed down FINALLY got over, and got ticketed for going 80. I dont have any proof of this, so I can t fight it, but just so I m aware(and I learned my lesson, next time I ll just slow WAY down until someone gets impatient and let s me over) is this something they are allowed to do? Like if I caught it on video could I get out of a speeding ticket?

Favorite Answer

Yes. The Police have nothing better to do with their time except to bait you/trick you into speeding.

Your scenario is 100% PURE BS. The officer DID NOT slow down to prevent you from pulling over.

• Cap'n. America

M@ ignore Steve, He admits to brain damage, Section 8 housing, cop lover, no cop is ever"wrong" no poster is ever more than a " troll". As for me, I think I'll do something Constructive, like wash dog, stitch a leather motorcycfe sat..Will post pix if interested

• `

The cop car on the side of you wanted you to pull over right away - not when you feel like. They have blue and red flashing lights for a reason.

• Mikayla5 months agoReport

Then why wouldn't he let me over? Read the question

Yes. They can try to see if you're stupid enough to speed up over the limit to get ahead of a cop.

They don’t trick me

• Bob

you sped right in front of a cop, what were you thinking?

• Mikayla5 months agoReport

I was thinking It was more important to safely get over, and after about 5 minutes of the cop not letting me over I was also thinking I didnt want to get in trouble for not getting over. Also cool thanks for not actually answering or reading the question