Can 2 cops bait you/trick you into speeding?

I was getting pulled over by a cop for going 75, and I tried to pull over on the freeway. I was In the fast lane, knew I was going 5 over so I was completely prepared to accept a 5 over ticket. However, there was a cop to the right of me too, and when I tried to slow down, he would slow down too. And when I sped... show more I was getting pulled over by a cop for going 75, and I tried to pull over on the freeway. I was In the fast lane, knew I was going 5 over so I was completely prepared to accept a 5 over ticket. However, there was a cop to the right of me too, and when I tried to slow down, he would slow down too. And when I sped up, he would and I could not get over. Finally I had to try and go 80 to pass him and he sped up again, I slowed down FINALLY got over, and got ticketed for going 80. I dont have any proof of this, so I can t fight it, but just so I m aware(and I learned my lesson, next time I ll just slow WAY down until someone gets impatient and let s me over) is this something they are allowed to do? Like if I caught it on video could I get out of a speeding ticket?
6 answers 6