Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 4 months ago

Which of these WWE wrestlers do you think are more talented and skilled?

Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman

R truth or Kofi Kingston

Rey Mysterio or Sami Zayn

Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles

The Miz or Elias

Bobby Roode or Randy Orton

Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins

Shelton Benjamin or Dolph Ziggler

Cesaro or Brock Lesnar

Buddy Murphy or The Brian Kendrick

Drew Gulak or Jack Gallagher

Ricochet or Johnny Gargano

Baron Corbin or Roman Reigns

Becky Lynch or Kairi Sane

Lacey Evans or Alexa Bliss

IO Shirai or Sasha Banks

Mustafa Ali or Tyler Breeze

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Candle
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best answer

Bray's got more in-ring and character depth than Braun. I love both, but Bray is the better wrestler and performer.

Kofi Kingston is the better wrestler of the two for sure. R-Truth probably has more depth as a performer, but Kofi's the better wrestler.

Sami Zayn. Sami can do what Rey does and then some in the ring, and Sami's a way better talker. Both guys lost their masks, only one put it back on.

AJ Styles. I've never been one to buy into Bryan's claim of GoAT, but he's quite good and found his own unique charisma. AJ's followed a similar path, but with all of the in-ring tools almost directly out of the gate. I think Styles has adapted better with time and that he comes off a bit more sincere and charismatic than Bryan. Point blank: AJ's the better wrestler and AJ's the more confident and believable of the two on the microphone.

I think Elias has a lot of untapped in-ring talent that doesn't get put on display all too often these days, but there was a time where he was having great matches on Raw when he first came up. I don't know what happened between then and NXT, but for some reason he stepped up. The Halo Bomb is quite the impressive maneuver and I wish he'd bust it out more. With that being said, The Miz has more great matches under his belt for the time being, and he's done more than just a singular one dimensional heel character. Don't get me wrong, Elias does Elias well, but I feel like the gimmick has stifled him in so many ways.

Randy Orton, or at least now the answer's Randy Orton. Ask me ten years ago and I may have a harder time answering this one. They've both seemed to have hit a complacent patch in their careers, but Orton's still able to maintain a main event presence. Meanwhile, Roode's maintaining a more literal "Main Event" presence.

Kevin Owens. I think both are kind of in a slump when it comes to main event level matches, but of the two I think Kevin's more fun to watch. He sells crazy, he takes insane bumps, and he knows how to talk on the microphone. I've never been a huge Seth fan, even back in the ROH days, but he's not a bad wrestler by any means, I just sometimes feel like he's overachieved for his skill set.

Shelton Benjamin. While Shelton's not much on the microphone, I'd much rather watch a Shelton Benjamin match than a Dolph Ziggler match, even now. I wonder how many spots in matches Shelton created that every indy star has ripped off? Considering the TLC matches, the Superkick from Hell, the WGTT finish, and his bringing on the resurgence of the T-Bone Suplex, I bet the answer is quite a few. Dolph's been the same match, the same promo, and the same gimmick for over ten years now. Shelton's a bit more dynamic than that.

Now? The answer's Cesaro. Cesaro's got a strange charisma to his promos, a unique big man style, and just some ungodly athleticism. Brock had a lot of that fifteen or so years ago, but you're lucky to see something more than a german suplex out of the guy these days. Lesnar does have a strange charisma about him too though...still, as of now, I'd rather see Cesaro on my TV than Brock.

Brian Kendrick: Kendrick's an enigma in every respect. The guy tweaks his style and look every few years, he speaks in riddles most of the time, and he believes some of the craziest conspiracy theory trash I've ever heard. I've never not enjoyed watching Brian Kendrick in any respect, be it in the ring, in a promo, or doing a shoot about the lizard people who rule the world. The guy's strange, but compelling. Murphy's a good wrestle boy and that's about all he's got going for him.

Jack Galligher, but this one was tough for me. I think both guys have underrated character work, but I'd rather watch a Jack Galligher match. There's something so raw and smash mouth about it, whereas Gulak is my boy, but he gets lost in the sauce when trying to be a Chikara styled grappler.

Johnny Gargano. I love Ricochet and think everything he does is amazing, but Gargano's more of a complete package. He has main event level matches, he cuts believable promos, and he's a multi-faceted in-ring talent. Sometimes it pays more to be a jack of all trades than a master of one.

Roman Reigns. Roman's the more believable talker, has the better look, and wrestles better matches. Baron Corbin's a walking, talking, human root canal.

I'd argue Kairi's the better wrestler and the more plucky underdog of the two. Becky's a great wrestler and a good talker, but when it comes to in-ring work I think Kairi edges her out a little. With that being said, Becky probably has more range than the kawaii Kairi. Don't get me wrong, Black Lotus Triad was great, but even then Kairi looked like a cutie dressing up like a goth.

Alexa Bliss, but I will say that I find the visceral hatred of Lacey Evans kind of surprising. She's not a bad in-ring talent, she has her character down pat, and she has a great look. Could she improve? Yeah, and she probably will improve while going up against the likes of Becky Lynch. With that being said, Alexa's surpassed the need for a gimmick and has pretty much everything about her in-ring and mic game down pat. I even think she could potentially be a successful babyface down the road. She has more than one dimension, and right now Lacey's just got the one.

Io Shirai. It's an odd parallel because my main complaint about Sasha is that she can be reckless, whereas with Io I know that she can do more as a high flier but wont within the WWE system. Even with the language barrier railing against her, Io's managed to become both beloved and hated on a whim within NXT, and that takes a measure of body language and charisma. Meanwhile, Sasha can't seem to figure out "Who's The Boss?" as an in-ring performer or character.

I'll abstain from the last question because I haven't seen enough of Mustafa's stuff lately with the 'hero' videos and all that. I hear they're good, and Ali's definitely the more interesting in-ring talent. I think Breeze could have more range as a midcard gimmick act if they ever decided to switch things up on Prince Pretty, but there's still something very incomplete and thrown together about his in-ring game for me. Or maybe it's not incomplete, maybe it's just underwhelming. Still, based on my current knowledge of both men I'd say Breeze. With that being said, I haven't given Ali's new shtick a fair shake because I haven't been watching the main product.

• 4 months ago

All of them are mate

• Mzm
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Wyatt imo, though Strowman is probably marginally more over atm

Probably kofi by a hair

sami zayn

styles

miz

orton

rollins by a long shot imo

ziggler

cesaro, though everyone knows he draws nowhere near what lesnar does lol

buddy murphy - Only because i'd followed him back in the local indy scene in australia/melbourne back when he was matt silva....heaps of great matches and fueds, if it wasn't for me seeing all that i wouldv'e said kendrick lol

gulak for me

johnny gargano for sure

roman reigns

becky lynch

alexa bliss

banks

mustafa ali

• 4 months ago

The most talented and skilled is Ric Flair .He has great on the mic,in the ring and as an entertainer.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

They are all talented in there own way.

• 4 months ago

The old school of Hulk Hogan, Jesse The Body Venture, The Undertaker to new generation of The Rock to Batestia , Mick Folly and Stone Cold Steve Austin

• 4 months ago

Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman?

I'd say that....from a psychological perspective, and in terms of character development....Bray Wyatt is better. I do think that he's underrated and he just has a character that is able to captivate people. Before there was a "Firefly Funhouse", he'd draw others in with the promos that he'd cut and people would wave their cellphones to his theme song, when he'd come out. He had the gimmick of a cult leader, who said "If you follow me, I'll show you the way. I'll be the one who changes your life". It's a very....odd gimmick, but it was a clever one at the time too. He's a horror film villian come to life..

From a physical standopint... Braun Strowman is better. He shows feats of strength that's scary and has so much power that most wrestlers(or people in general), can't duplicate. Very large and intimidate presence, shouts in most of his promos, and there will even be segments where he'd flip limos and EMS vehicles.....with HIS BARE HANDS(Probably to prove further that nobody wants to "Get These Hands"...I'll just get that out of the way now, lol). I know that it was improvised, but still...it shows that WWE wants to portray him as this strong and dominant character. He is a former "Strongman". Competed in powerlifting competitions and he is, pound for pound...one of the strongest men on the WWE roster. With that being said, Bray Wyatt is the more well-rounded character. Braun Strowman is the better physical wrestler.

R truth or Kofi Kingston?

I think that Kofi Kingston is the more well-rounded of the two, but R-Truth is highly underrated....especially with him being one of the few wrestlers, out of the Attitude Era, who are still wrestling. I'm also impressed with how agile he is, with him almost being 50 years of age. He moves better than a lot of the younger wrestlers on the roster, and he even looks very young for his age. Good conditioning, and he has a very unorthodox moveset. He does a lot of spinning "corkscrew" moves.

As for Kofi Kingston, he's the better wrestler, and even as a character.... Kingston has more depth. In 2018 and even the first half of 2019, I've seen Kingston add more layers to his character. The struggles of getting to the WWE Champion, the many hurdles that he had to metaphorically jump through, all of it leading to finally becoming the first African-born WWE Champion. Yes, I do find him throwing pancakes and having fun with "The New Day" funny and entertaining. I like them, but it's cool to see a different side of Kofi Kingston, and I think that it's helped him grow as a character, and even in terms of being a wrestler. He seems to tell stories in the ring better than when he was first starting out in the WWE. I'd give the slight nod to Kofi Kingston here.

Rey Mysterio or Sami Zayn?

Rey Mysterio is the better performer. He is undoubtly one of the greatest high-flyers of all time, and he does(even to this day) moves that very few people on the WWE roster or even in the wrestling industry as a whole could do. Extremely fast, agile, dynamic....and what he lacks in size, he makes up for by being an incredible wrestler. Sami Zayn has better mic-skills, and although he's not as fast as Rey is, he is one of the quicker wrestlers on the roster, himself. Zayn's character has taken an interesting turn as of late...being very disgruntled with WWE and the audiences, talking about the problems in pop culture(and honestly....he's not entirely wrong), along with telling fans to "Go to hell". Hopefully it leads to something good for him, and it a new, fresh approach to the character he portrays on TV....but Rey does more as a wrestler, and so many people(including myself) look up to him because despite not being the biggest wrestler around, he does awe-inspiring moves and I believe that he changed the game of wrestling, forever.

Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles? If you want pragmatic, functional, submission wrestling...then Daniel Bryan has the upper hand there

The Miz or Elias

Bobby Roode or Randy Orton

Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins

Shelton Benjamin or Dolph Ziggler

Cesaro or Brock Lesnar

Buddy Murphy or The Brian Kendrick

Drew Gulak or Jack Gallagher

Ricochet or Johnny Gargano

Baron Corbin or Roman Reigns

Becky Lynch or Kairi Sane

Lacey Evans or Alexa Bliss

IO Shirai or Sasha Banks

Mustafa Ali or Tyler Breeze

• Spyro4 months agoReport

Ok, sounds good. Have a good day.

• angie
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Braun Strowman and Rey Mysterio

• 4 months ago

Daniel Bryan was good also my cousin loves Roman Reigns

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.